cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought Rampage VI Extreme was coming with a VRM waterblock.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I could have sworn I heard in one of the Computex video the Rampage VI Extreme was going to have a VRM waterblock pre-installed. Not looking for an aftermarket part, I mean some of the lower end boards come with motherboard waterblocks. Is the flagship motherboard going to have a version with a VRM waterblock?
6 REPLIES 6

skypine27
Level 7
EKs monoblock they are shipping mid/late Oct seems to cover the VRM.*

I’ve never seen a brochure or an add that said Asus was going to include one from the factory tho. *
*CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
*Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
*RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
*Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
*Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
*Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
*Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
*Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
*Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU

Korth
Level 14
I also haven't seen/heard any mention of an OEM waterblock on R6E.

I haven't been watching Computex vids very rigorously, though, easy to miss momentary reveals.

I could have overlooked it at the Vegas 2017 CES. ASUS might (or might not) have talked about R6E but I was too busy gawking like a bumpkin at the display motherboards. "Oooh-aaah, look at all those pretty colours! And the LEDs are on without any PSU inputs plugged in!"
(And I don't recall anybody talking X299 back then anyways, the star focus was on Z270.)

EKWB/XSPC/etc makes aftermarket monoblocks for these mobos, why would they make aftermarket monoblocks at all for mobos which already have them?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Raja
Level 13
Zarathustraa wrote:
I could have sworn I heard in one of the Computex video the Rampage VI Extreme was going to have a VRM waterblock pre-installed. Not looking for an aftermarket part, I mean some of the lower end boards come with motherboard waterblocks. Is the flagship motherboard going to have a version with a VRM waterblock?

Probably a media site jumping to conclusions. To date, no plans for a pre-installed or even bundled water block.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I guess I just find it odd that there's a mainstream board with a waterblock, but not a high end enthusiast board. I just can never seem to get the VRM waterblock to install correctly. Might be the Enthoo Primo being a bit cramped for a push pull top radiator. (Cranking down the fittings might move the block ever so slightly out of perfect contact)

Brighttail
Level 11
There is no waterblock, unless you buy one from EK or someone else. What Asus did do, was redesign their VRM heatsink after de8auer's video on the VRM throttling.

I have the Primo and didn't think about there might be cramped room for the monoblock. You got yours already, @Zarathustraa?? 🙂
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I have the version for the rampage V Extreme. I don't have the mono block, but separate cpu and VRM blocks. I have thick rads, so my push pull gets a bit close. Probably going to go up to a CaseLabs or the Enthoo Elite when I upgrade to a VI this holiday season, assuming Intel has a price drop on the XE to compete with AMD. I'm just looking to get a case I don't need to take apart if I need to do maintenance on the system.