cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Overclock cpu and gpu on ASUS G752VT Notebook?

Fataleyez
Level 7
Hi I have search alot of overclocking CPU and GPU, but i was confused with Overclocking on Notebook, what program will I use, and what do i do first before overcloking with the safest way, I have played GTA 5 but the fps is not good to play on my Notebook, so i need to test overclocking.

Arigatou Gozaimasu 😄
Thank you for reading :cool:
5 REPLIES 5

ForgeOfGods-G75
Level 7
Overclocking a laptop doesnt helps a lot, anyway, first of all track your temps, if u play gta 5 and allready have 90°c gpu temp overclocking it prob. Kills your gpu, if u desided allready that u want to, try msi afterburner maybe, overclock by litle amounts, dont jump straight to max, it will kill your gpu, increase my small ammounts and track your temps, if temp goes to high decrease the values. Any way i wont recomend to overclock laptop at all, consider of getting new laptop or play on lower settings 🙂 gl

Nevermind of overclocking my Notebook then 😉

How about using ROG gaming center, is it safe to manual the GPU to max with undervolting CPU?

Fataleyez wrote:
How about using ROG gaming center, is it safe to manual the GPU to max with undervolting CPU?

I would recommend finding out what others in this forum have been able to achieve on over clocks with your specific model, and try to match them. That's going to be your best bet. I dont have a VT so I cant say what you might be able to achieve. There are also custom VBIOS's out their for the G752 line, but I wouldn't recommend tackling that unless you have experience with doing so.

Anything in the ROG gaming center app is going to be very minimal in gains performance wise.

Also you don't mention if you are gaming on battery or with AC power? I would highly recommend against gaming on battery. The batteries simply cannot take it. You wouldnt get very long doing so anyway. Gaming on battery just doesn't work. Browsing the net and watching a movie sure, but not gaming. Good luck.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

JustinThyme
Level 13
My best advice have been there with a G752 VY, don’t push anything past the gaming center tweaks. These machines are already tweaked insanely and run hot as a result. Getting carried away will only cause problems. I tried the VBIOS flash and it didn’t go over very well. Was never the same even after flashing back to the original. Ended up replacing it and learning my lesson. Laptops just aren’t meant to be pushed that hard. What did I do about it? I use my laptop on the go and all my extreme overclocking is done on a desktop where I can get to BIOS tweaks, easily change ram, go back and forth with cmos resets (botch your bios on your laptop and you just converted it into a brick. I almost bricked one just trying to push the dram clocks and had to disassemble to the point of complete tear down to get to the CMOS battery to reset where it’s a simple task on a desktop.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein