cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with windows 10

dusty459
Level 7
right second attepemt 2 to install windows 10
im installing windows 10 on a m.2 1tb samsung 960 pro nvme and im getting to the point to run the first load of updates then i get an error your computer has ran into an promblem then restarts and allows me to run windows update again anyone else know whats wrong
14 REPLIES 14

dusty459
Level 7
error seems to be error clock_watchdog_timeout

hector61669
Level 7
dusty459 wrote:
right second attepemt 2 to install windows 10
im installing windows 10 on a m.2 1tb samsung 960 pro nvme and im getting to the point to run the first load of updates then i get an error your computer has ran into an promblem then restarts and allows me to run windows update again anyone else know whats wrong

Just yesterday i cloned an ssd onto an nvme and was having a similiar issue. I dont remember exactly how, but when i updated the nvme driver, windows finally booted correctly.

You might be able to pick up some tips from this link

thank ypu it looked like it worked the only thing now is when the pc starts and restarts the first asus sctrrn with press f2 or delete shows up twice before moving on to the load wheel then to the login screen

I had run into a similar issue installing Windows 10. The problem turned out to be that I had the Asus USB driver stick plugged in while trying to run setup. Removing the Asus USB resolved the problem for me.

I had run into a similar issue installing Windows 10. The problem turned out to be that I had the Asus USB driver stick plugged in while trying to run setup. Removing the Asus USB resolved the problem for me.

mine isn't plugged in but still does it

hector61669 wrote:
Just yesterday i cloned an ssd onto an nvme and was having a similiar issue. I dont remember exactly how, but when i updated the nvme driver, windows finally booted correctly.

You might be able to pick up some tips from this link

how do I update the Firmware for windows as its Linux instructions

dusty459 wrote:
how do I update the Firmware for windows as its Linux instructions

The USB-stick you create will boot into a very slimmed Linux version containing only the tool to update firmware and the firmware itself.

Read the instructions from Samsung from start to finish and you'll get it 🙂 It will automaticly boot into the FW-update tool when you boot from the USB-stick.

I have both a 960 Pro and a 960 Evo, so I had to create two different USB-sticks.

I followed the Instructions and tried booting it to the usb and nothing