cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair vi hero bios 1701

g_tse
Level 7
So, what does this new bios bring to the table?
I see no notes in the download page, other than "Improve system stability"
24 REPLIES 24

HarlemSquirrel
Level 7
What is unclear?! System stability is improved! 😛

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

HarlemSquirrel wrote:
What is unclear?! System stability is improved! 😛

For me, system is stable once it get up - biggest issue is COLD BOOT... Is this improved in 1701?

I am running 3466 here. I tried 1701 tonight with many tries at different settings. Bus strengths have changed dramatically, so much so I couldn't get anywhere near a stable set up. On 1602 I use RZ6, RZ3 and RZ1 with bus clk strength at 40ohm. 1701 is a non event for me. I will watch the OC forums to see if there is anything new pops up there.

syldon wrote:
I am running 3466 here. I tried 1701 tonight with many tries at different settings. Bus strengths have changed dramatically, so much so I couldn't get anywhere near a stable set up. On 1602 I use RZ6, RZ3 and RZ1 with bus clk strength at 40ohm. 1701 is a non event for me. I will watch the OC forums to see if there is anything new pops up there.

I also run 3466, v1403 worked, 1501 didn't, but 1602 has been ok-ish so far. Will try 1701 later, beginning to look like only alternate versions are any good now. Kind of like windows.

Wonder when AGESA1.0.0.7 will be released, as those seem like the only bios versions that have major improvements.

1701 seems to be a massive no go for me. Completely unable to boot to Windows without going to BIOS and manually overriding boot order to select OS drive. Tried literally everything short of pulling all the hardware out of my case and bread-boarding it. Reverted back to 1602 and the issue has gone, which is a shame, because for the single boot that 1701 worked, I had no issues running 3.8GHz at 1.308v, and I was finally able to use the D.O.C.P settings for my RAM, rather than needing to use the 1.4v safe settings from The Stilt. Ah well.

unknownmiscreant wrote:

Wonder when AGESA1.0.0.7 will be released, as those seem like the only bios versions that have major improvements.

What is 1.0.0.7 suppose to improve?

I have started playing around with my rig again - probably my last attempt to persuade myself not to bring my 7700K back home and send my 1800X packing...
I have reverted to using 9920 bios for the time being, stable 3.8 and 3200 with my GSKIL Hynix chips (F4-3200C16-8GTZB | H5AN8G8NMFR-TFC) but with stock XMP timings. Just don't have the understanding to try The Stillt's "magical" timings..

My other b-die GSKILL chips ( F4-3600C16-8GTZR | K4A8G085WB-BCPB) never worked over 2133 and I paid a bloody fortune for them so they are now sitting in my Intel rig.

To be honest, I couldn't be fussed to go much higher on core speeds but at this point I would easily settle with a stable bios that runs a low latency ram kit with no cold boot problems just out of the box. I just couldn't bothered to tinker around any more. I wanna game well and I wanna do it on my AMD - I am a red team guy, what can I say 😛

This video by MindBlank Tech (great reviewer btw) got me hyped at the last moment and I decided to give my AMD rig one more chance. I was litteraly gonna send it in tomorrow to switch my 7700K setup into my main case (NZXT S340 Elite).
Any suggestion on low latency compatible ram outta the box?

g.tse wrote:
What is 1.0.0.7 suppose to improve?

I have started playing around with my rig again - probably my last attempt to persuade myself not to bring my 7700K back home and send my 1800X packing...
I have reverted to using 9920 bios for the time being, stable 3.8 and 3200 with my GSKIL Hynix chips (F4-3200C16-8GTZB | H5AN8G8NMFR-TFC) but with stock XMP timings. Just don't have the understanding to try The Stillt's "magical" timings..

My other b-die GSKILL chips ( F4-3600C16-8GTZR | K4A8G085WB-BCPB) never worked over 2133 and I paid a bloody fortune for them so they are now sitting in my Intel rig.

To be honest, I couldn't be fussed to go much higher on core speeds but at this point I would easily settle with a stable bios that runs a low latency ram kit with no cold boot problems just out of the box. I just couldn't bothered to tinker around any more. I wanna game well and I wanna do it on my AMD - I am a red team guy, what can I say 😛

This video by MindBlank Tech (great reviewer btw) got me hyped at the last moment and I decided to give my AMD rig one more chance. I was litteraly gonna send it in tomorrow to switch my 7700K setup into my main case (NZXT S340 Elite).
Any suggestion on low latency compatible ram outta the box?

Not sure what the core 1.0.0.7 update will improve, but I'm fairly sure that someone from Asus (elmor??) said the cold boot issue fix in 9920 will be included in the BIOS with 1.0.0.7.

I use the RAM listed in my PC profile specs. It ran with DOCP at 3200MHz, CL14, 1.35v straightup, but I currently have it running at 3466Mhz, CL14, 1T, at 1.38v. Bear in mind it is a 2x8GB kit, I'm not sure how ryzen responds to 4 DIMMs ATM.

In terms of gaming, at 1920x1200 with a gtx1070 OCed to 2076MHz, I can get around 100FPS at max settings in newer titles, and top out the FPS limit in stuff like rocket league. Going above 3.8GHz will help, as most games only use at max 30% of my 1700X at 4GHz, probably 4 threads, plus some for the OS.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
I use the RAM listed in my PC profile specs. It ran with DOCP at 3200MHz, CL14, 1.35v straightup, but I currently have it running at 3466Mhz, CL14, 1T, at 1.38v. Bear in mind it is a 2x8GB kit, I'm not sure how ryzen responds to 4 DIMMs ATM.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong list but I don't see your ram (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) listed in Asus's latest DRAM QVL for AMD Ryzen. Does it work for you just out of the box? I would grab the 32GB kit tommorrow if someone told me it did especially with the 4 dimms. I just want a hassle free experience.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
In terms of gaming, at 1920x1200 with a gtx1070 OCed to 2076MHz, I can get around 100FPS at max settings in newer titles, and top out the FPS limit in stuff like rocket league. Going above 3.8GHz will help, as most games only use at max 30% of my 1700X at 4GHz, probably 4 threads, plus some for the OS.
R u running at 4GHz? what voltage - load line, etc.
I have a 2K Gsync monitor that forgives the frame rate dips. I think I can go 3.9, I had done it in the past but dropped it cause of temps during summer months, just have to remember my damn settings.

g.tse wrote:
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong list but I don't see your ram (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) listed in Asus's latest DRAM QVL for AMD Ryzen. Does it work for you just out of the box? I would grab the 32GB kit tommorrow if someone told me it did especially with the 4 dimms. I just want a hassle free experience.

R u running at 4GHz? what voltage - load line, etc.
I have a 2K Gsync monitor that forgives the frame rate dips. I think I can go 3.9, I had done it in the past but dropped it cause of temps during summer months, just have to remember my damn settings.

My RAM wasn't on the QVL when I bought it, but it was the best I could find. I only have 2 DIMMs. The 2 worked out of the box, but I have no idea about 4. I persoanlly am justing waiting for the issues to be resolved before nrushing out and buying another 16gb kit (can't buy 32gb kits.)

There is this thread about overclocking the exact same memory, but it only covers 2 DIMMs. Its what I have followed to get mine running 3466MHz.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93722-Flare-X-3200MHZ-16GB-2x8-F4-3200C14D-16GFX-Performan...

Also check out the RAM OC data gathered by elmor (its a spreadsheet in one of the pinned threads.)

As for CPU overclock:
Base clock: 100
Multiplier: Auto
p-state 0 FID: A0 (gives 3999.2 to 4000.5MHz core clock under load in CPU-Z)
Core offset voltage: 0.075 (1.417v under load)
LLC: Level 4
VRM phase: extreme
CPU power limit: 130%
I might have to drop it as we go into summer, but I have mine custom loop water cooled, so full load temps sit around 62C.

If you do buy the same memory as me, let me know if it works, as I will probably get another 2 DIMMs next time its on sale.