Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlok View Post
    Can't say I hoped we would get a beta version and certaintly not this fast. Im happy .
    Did some quick testing, most of it seems to work fine.

    2 problems I found are:
    when on "breating" RAM LED's are tuned off and don't work.
    when on "color cycle" RAM stays in it's last color and doesn't cycle.
    Due to some technical specifications of the Corsair memory kit, the breathing and color cycle do not work in AURA.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGS View Post
    Hey guys, sorry to bother but, at what speed are you running your CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 on the Mobo ROG B350-F ? As this memory is not listed on the QVL im worried it will not run at full speed. At least I would like it to run at 2933Mhz
    For Memory compatibility issues you might want to create a topic directly in the Motherboards Z370 sub-section.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huski View Post
    Using Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3600C18 and it appears to work fine with this software. Haven’t been able to fully test it yet as there is compatibility issues with my ASUS mboards and software.
    Thanks for trying out the beta version. The issue will be fix in the new release of AURA.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  2. #42
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Sleep mode?

    I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while and have also been trying out the beta build. Thank you for pushing this build for us!

    The main issue I have found is that the corsair memory LEDs do not turn off when my PC enters sleep mode when "OFF" in the shut down settings is selected.
    The LEDs on my Asus Z720-E MB and Strix GTX 1080 GPU both turn off as expected, but the RAM unfortunately stays lit.
    My RAM Is the CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 kit.

    Most of the other effects seem to work fine apart from breathing and colour cycle thanks to a hardware limitation, as mentioned.
    However, shouldn't colour cycle be possible to implement?
    The colour cycle mode in the Rainbow tab works as expected and is visually quite similar in that it cycles between the colours.

    It'd also be great to have the option to control two or more sticks of RAM as one item in the rainbow sequence rather than have each stick act individually, but that's not really an issue with the AURA software itself.

  3. #43
    New ROGer Array GEEKCPA PC Specs
    GEEKCPA PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 64 GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Intel PCIe X4 Optane 900P
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro X2
    CPU CoolerEKWB Mono block
    CaseTT View 71TG
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    GEEKCPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    It would be nice if Aura would allow you to exclude detected items from its control. I'm just starting my build so not even close to starting it up, but I have the Corsair Vengeance 64GB kit CMR64GX4M8X3600C18 and have (so far) 4 LL140 and 3 LL120 Corsair fans. I also have the Corsair Commander and was planning on controlling at least the fans with that. If Aura can control the RAM reliably I'll be happy to let the MB control it. My RGB water pump/reservoir (Enermax) supposedly can have its RGB controlled by Aura, but the Thermaltake RGB hard tube fittings are only 256 colors and require their own controller. I may be in for an interesting process...

  4. #44
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Beta version Color Cycle working

    Hey guys,

    I spent several hours of installing and uninstalling and cleaning Aura versions but finally, using the Beta mentioned above, I was able to have the color cycle effect... Kind of.

    After my third or fourth attempt of reinstalling the beta version, once the installation finished, instead of restarting the PC, I selected to restart later, then everything blinked and all of a sudden, everything was on a color cycle, even my Corsair RAM (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15). Later on I decided to restart the system to see if the color cycle was there ... and it was!. It's worth to mention that at this point, I didn't open Aura SW at all, it was like the default option.

    Then I decided to test it on Aura, and as soon as I hit Color Cycle, the RAM stopped working :P ...

    Anyway, just wanted to share this with you, maybe for someone that is looking exactly for the color cycle, this may be helpful ... Also I could recommend the Raindow effect, which using it with the fastest speed, it looks 99% as the color cycle effect :P

  5. #45
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGS View Post
    Hey guys,

    I spent several hours of installing and uninstalling and cleaning Aura versions but finally, using the Beta mentioned above, I was able to have the color cycle effect... Kind of.

    After my third or fourth attempt of reinstalling the beta version, once the installation finished, instead of restarting the PC, I selected to restart later, then everything blinked and all of a sudden, everything was on a color cycle, even my Corsair RAM (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15). Later on I decided to restart the system to see if the color cycle was there ... and it was!. It's worth to mention that at this point, I didn't open Aura SW at all, it was like the default option.

    Then I decided to test it on Aura, and as soon as I hit Color Cycle, the RAM stopped working :P ...

    Anyway, just wanted to share this with you, maybe for someone that is looking exactly for the color cycle, this may be helpful ... Also I could recommend the Raindow effect, which using it with the fastest speed, it looks 99% as the color cycle effect :P
    Thanks for your experience sharing. I confirm that the Corsair memory kit 2x8GB will be working in the upcoming AURA software version and will be a more stable version than the BETA.

    However, due to DRAM EC specifications, the Corsair Vengeance RGB DRAM LED’s will turn off during Breathing and Color Cycle effects. I have requested to add the option to control the DRAM by areas in static mode during those effects.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  6. #46
    ROG Junior Member Array Zougoku PC Specs
    Zougoku PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX-1070-TI-A8G GAMING
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG32VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerNepton 240M
    CaseCoolerMaster Stryker
    Power SupplyCorsair White RM750x
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
    Headset Asus ROG Strix Fusion 700
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 x64

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Smile Compatibility request update

    Hello to all,

    I try to keep up with the updates regarding the compatibility and from 12/12 i notice that some people have solved their issues with aura version (1.05.28).
    Can someone confirm that CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 is from now on compatible with aura sync and asus strix z270e motherboard ?

    Thank you

  7. #47
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Zougoku View Post
    Hello to all,

    I try to keep up with the updates regarding the compatibility and from 12/12 i notice that some people have solved their issues with aura version (1.05.28).
    Can someone confirm that CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 is from now on compatible with aura sync and asus strix z270e motherboard ?

    Thank you
    The Corsair Vengeance memory kits 16GB are now compatible with AURA sync and can be controlled with AURA software.

    Please note that Color Cycle and Breathing effect do not work due to Corsair EC limitation.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  8. #48
    ROG Junior Member Array Zougoku PC Specs
    Zougoku PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX-1070-TI-A8G GAMING
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG32VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerNepton 240M
    CaseCoolerMaster Stryker
    Power SupplyCorsair White RM750x
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
    Headset Asus ROG Strix Fusion 700
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 x64

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    -

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    The Corsair Vengeance memory kits 16GB are now compatible with AURA sync and can be controlled with AURA software.

    Please note that Color Cycle and Breathing effect do not work due to Corsair EC limitation.
    Thank you for the update. That's unfortunate though because Color Cycle is what i was going for. Is there going to be further development to add those or is this the best we can get from it ?

  9. #49
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Zougoku View Post
    Thank you for the update. That's unfortunate though because Color Cycle is what i was going for. Is there going to be further development to add those or is this the best we can get from it ?
    All will depends on Corsair for their future memory kits.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •