cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charge not working on FX502VM + Samsung S8+

lachemou
Level 7
Hello, i ve a problem with my Samsung S8+ and fast charge on my Asus FX502VM.
I ve Asus USB Charger + install 4.1.7

With my old iPhone 6+ it works great but with my S8+ the phone say more than 5 hour to full charge !!!

I try to uninstall Asus USB Charger and reinstall without sucess...

Is there any solution for me ?

Thanks a lot
3 REPLIES 3

AtlasMinor
Level 8
Hi, <<< Not a tech or anything, but if your just getting to know windows-10 you will find out quick it isn't really peripheral Device friendly...

Chances are your USB Charger +Plus software and device are fine, and will be until device lifespan ends. That original ChargerPlus++ is all it will ever need.

Windows-10 in the begining had a huge USB problem were as certain devices that plugged into it, destroyed the computers, <<< Really. So, Microsoft reworked the entire USB framework , which is hidden and always will be, located under Universal Controllers, in device manager, i could talk you through how to unhide the Hidden ports, through power shell but that would take way to long,

Trust me, if you see a list a mile long , you will want a remote Live Help Connecting through a shop or something ....

Basically what im really trying to say, the S8 probably isn't recognized properly through windows-10, you didn't mention your using windows-10, but im guessing that based on other OS's, this wouldn't be a problem.

Hope my input helps some. You can try to get ahold of tech support and try to get a tech team to look into it, but it might be a known Win10 issue that cant be fixed.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
lachemou wrote:
Hello, i ve a problem with my Samsung S8+ and fast charge on my Asus FX502VM.
I ve Asus USB Charger + install 4.1.7

With my old iPhone 6+ it works great but with my S8+ the phone say more than 5 hour to full charge !!!

I try to uninstall Asus USB Charger and reinstall without sucess...

Is there any solution for me ?

Thanks a lot

Sorry for the trouble.

We may suggest you to ask the mobile phone's manufacturer to confirm the fast charge OS support & compatibility.

Korth
Level 14
Does this particular Samsung phone fast charge successfully (in less than 5 hours) on other fast-chargers? It could have a bad battery.

Instead of (or in addition to) Win10, the "smart charging" software running in the phone might be the cause, it behaves differently with different power sources:
https://gtrusted.com/the-samsung-galaxy-s8-is-multilingual-when-it-comes-to-fast-charging
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]