cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{HELP} Asus Rog GL552JX 950m dead ?

gagsgs123
Level 7
Its my first post here on the ROG forum, so i apologise for any kind of formatting errors on my part.

So, apparently the dgpu of my laptop has been missing out of nowhere. Tried everything, uninstalled drivers with DDU, clean reinstalled, formatted windows, updated bios but that thing does not show up on the device manager. Went to Asus Service Centre and they say MOBO will have to be replaced as they dont repair internal stuff. (Dunno why) which will cost about 50k INR ($767) approximately. Not willing to shell that kind of money on an old laptop. Went to a couple of local shops, but they couldn't fix it.
Any idea to what might be wrong ? Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

mmohamed2
Level 8
gagsgs123 wrote:
Its my first post here on the ROG forum, so i apologise for any kind of formatting errors on my part.

So, apparently the dgpu of my laptop has been missing out of nowhere. Tried everything, uninstalled drivers with DDU, clean reinstalled, formatted windows, updated bios but that thing does not show up on the device manager. Went to Asus Service Centre and they say MOBO will have to be replaced as they dont repair internal stuff. (Dunno why) which will cost about 50k INR ($767) approximately. Not willing to shell that kind of money on an old laptop. Went to a couple of local shops, but they couldn't fix it.
Any idea to what might be wrong ? Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-nvidia-graphics-card-not-showing-device-manager/

gagsgs123 wrote:
Tried all this. Nothing seems to work.

Try to reflow the gpu with a heat gun (check youtube for tuto)

mmohamed2 wrote:
Try to reflow the gpu with a heat gun (check youtube for tuto)

Well, i am afraid it would kill the mobo. Atleast the laptop is functioning now with the integrated gfx. I guess i am out of options. Will have to use it as it is then 😕