cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Extreme Bios update???

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from ASUS about the new bios update? They seem to be pumping out several updates for the Hero, but I haven't seen anything lately for the Extreme except rumors.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11
7 REPLIES 7

andyliu
Level 9
Version 1602
2017/09/26

Version 1701
2017/10/03
from their website
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

none of the Hero bios has AGESA update though, or at least i haven't see any

With Intel's Z370 launch we can forget about any BIOS development for x370, let alone the Crosshair VI Extreme. Asus only care about selling new stuff rather than support for existing customers. I will not be buying Asus in the future following the disgusting experience I have had with their post-sale support.

Well dip me in sh!t and call me a choc-top! BIOS 1701 is now up for the C6E on the Asus support site!

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_BIOS/

'[OJR wrote:
;678807']With Intel's Z370 launch we can forget about any BIOS development for x370, let alone the Crosshair VI Extreme. Asus only care about selling new stuff rather than support for existing customers. I will not be buying Asus in the future following the disgusting experience I have had with their post-sale support.

I had quite good experiences over the years - what is yours?

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
ASUS is known for the worst customer service experience in the industry. They make great mobo's, and pretty good laptop's. But they have NEVER had good customer service. And after living in China for years, I don't expect they ever will have good customer service.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

haihane
Level 13
quick question, ASUS is based in taiwan, right?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/28170
haihane wrote:
quick question, ASUS is based in taiwan, right?

yes

AQUASTEVAE wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from ASUS about the new bios update? They seem to be pumping out several updates for the Hero, but I haven't seen anything lately for the Extreme except rumors.

From Elmor beta release for CH6 and ionfo on future releases of the CH6E

Test BIOS 0052fixes the CPU Temperature offset reset after entering sleep mode, will be included next official release which I'm told we'll have ~November. Should soon have the same bios for C6H WIFI and C6E. SHA256 1b6b28f4ee26c136ff129d70456bdb989c27c4860ab36448dfd72c89b7f7171e

Regarding the SIO issue, it's being worked on and we've made some good progress. There's a final solution soon that will require co-operation from the 3rd party monitoring developers.

From my testing HWInfo64 should be working OK, or at least it's very difficult to make it fail. I think it still happens for some people since the "corrupt SIO" issue can be quite sticky, even after clearing power. Essentially if it's been caused once by any software, it's difficult to get back to a normal state. I've been able to recover by powering off the PSU so there's no standby power, and then pulling the battery for a minute.

Just for info anyone trying the beta version listed, BEWARE the Vcore is significantly increased in this version.