cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD suupeeeer LAG!

RazorCat
Level 10
Good day Everyone!

its good to be back here, its been a while...

so here it goes as the title says...

a neighbor of mine recently bought this Asus ROG GL553VD Laptop

of course its an i7 7700HQ powered laptop (Windows 10) w/ a 1TB HDD / Gtx 1050 2GB but with only a 4GB of RAM, he went over to me and I installed offline games (cracked ones) but I noticed that it was lagging, super... very impossible to run games as I describe it... LAAAGing!

so I thought it was just the RAM that is insufficient sooo the kid went and bought an additional 8GB of RAM... so its 12GB now... but when we started running games again it's STILL the Same lagging!

at 12GB of RAM i think it should run fine even at medium settings w/ the gtx 1050...

now thats my big problem right now.... why it keeps on lagging despite the RAM upgrade? :mad:

Help......

thanks! 😄
R7-3700X | ROG STRIX B550-F WIFI | Noctua NH-D15s | 2x16Gb TUF VULCAN 3600Mhz | 4 X 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Caviar Green | Palit GTX 1070Ti | SEASONIC 850W FOCUS GOLD | NZXT Phantom White | ASUS VG278QR-J / ASUS VX239H
11 REPLIES 11

haihane
Level 13
RazorCat wrote:

he went over to me and I installed offline games (cracked ones) but I noticed that it was lagging, super... very impossible to run games as I describe it... LAAAGing!

Help......

thanks! 😄

lol. admitting piracy.
you, i like you.

try checking it with 3dmark firestrike and compare the score online.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

RazorCat
Level 10
he'll be buying PUBG / BF1 soon... because he saw me playin' though im on desktop! for now just those 'cracked' games.. lol...

but yeah, ive been clueless on why this laptop didnt improve despite the RAM upgrade?
R7-3700X | ROG STRIX B550-F WIFI | Noctua NH-D15s | 2x16Gb TUF VULCAN 3600Mhz | 4 X 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Caviar Green | Palit GTX 1070Ti | SEASONIC 850W FOCUS GOLD | NZXT Phantom White | ASUS VG278QR-J / ASUS VX239H

haihane
Level 13
maybe overheating, maybe malware? <- did it come with original windows installation? clean install?
maybe the 1tb HDD can't keep up? <- i'm leaning to this.

please still run 3dmark firestrike and post your result here.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

RazorCat
Level 10
ohh good day.... i installed HWMonitor... ran a game, (still lagging) observed the temps... damn it reached 87C.... the game is just in the menus you know start game / options / exit game... and it hitting 87C already! 😞

havent installed 3dmark firestrike yet sir...

by the way it idling 52C then hitting 87C when I ran games....

Korth
Level 14
"Cracked" doesn't necessarily mean "pirated" or "illegal" (although it often does).

I'm guessing malware. Pirated wares are notorious for packing malware. The games themselves are often "trojans" insofar as they do exactly what they're supposed to be doing (they're working games!) but they also carry hidden malware payloads. If the Win10 installation is also pirated from a dubious source then it might have rootkit malware.

I'd run full malware scans to be safe.

I agree with running system performance benchmarks. The problem might be some other hardware failure, not the limited RAM capacity.
And "the kid went and bought an additional 8GB of RAM... so its 12GB now...". The machine might have dismal performance because of mixed RAM kits, did he upgrade from 4GB to 8GB by simply populating empty SODIMM slots? If so, removing the original 4GB RAM might improve system performance.

I'm assuming any RAM-specific settings in BIOS were either left at defaults or properly configured for the additional RAM.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

RazorCat
Level 10
temps went 90c when launching a game... even the STEAM Counter Strike Global Offensive Game...

RAMS has no problems... tried removing the original 4GB still the same, used the 8GB stick same lagging issue... temps 88-90c...

well I told the kid to bring the laptop to the PC Shop where he bought it... maybe its a bad batch... im worried about the high temps....

Digimutant
Level 7
You should try and get screen caps of Speccy in the RAM section displaying what's in slot 1 and slot 2. Just to see if the RAM has mismatched RAM kits. For the heat, the system itself unfortunately uses one fan to cool the CPU and GPU, so of course the CPU and GPU will struggle keeping cool. Undervolting bit by bit on the CPU should help, though. But beware that instability could happen.

Notebookcheck.net indicates during Furmark and Prime95, during 100% load, is that the CPU itself goes at maximum of 87c; which for the 7700HQ the max temperature that CPU can handle as stated by Intel is 100c so he should be fine. I guess different dies in the chip lottery can have differences in temperatures.

I can refer to this, ı also get high dpc latencies via dx kernel which causing sound drop-offs and some elecrtic noise when i move my gaming mouse attached to usb2 port.

causes may be all above and because of his slow video card (1050 with only 2gb memory !), compared with your GTX 970 4GB OC
please check it and compare it with your card and you will notice big differences, at https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=3541&gid2=2498&compare=geforce-gtx-1050-vs-geforce-gtx...