cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Voltage?

vpkb1998
Level 7
On auto, voltage is consistently over 1.4v and idling temps are higher (32c+) even at stock frequency. When applying the 4Ghz profile, voltage is consistently under 1.4v and temps are lower (19c-27c). I tried manually setting the CPU Voltage to 1.375 (freq on Auto), however, it's still running above 1.4v, is there a way to force the MB to run at the manually set voltage?

What's the point of setting manual parameters if the MB still overrides it?
2 REPLIES 2

JHR1979
Level 7
vpkb1998 wrote:
On auto, voltage is consistently over 1.4v and idling temps are higher (32c+) even at stock frequency. When applying the 4Ghz profile, voltage is consistently under 1.4v and temps are lower (19c-27c). I tried manually setting the CPU Voltage to 1.375 (freq on Auto), however, it's still running above 1.4v, is there a way to force the MB to run at the manually set voltage?

What's the point of setting manual parameters if the MB still overrides it?

I've noticed this too, the mobo likes to supply rather high voltages to the cpu even when its running at stock speeds.

Nate152
Hi guys

Try setting the voltage manually, at stock settings I would expect you could run with 1.15v - 1.20v, my Maximus IX Code overvolts too at stock settings.