cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Sleep mode

Silvercloak
Level 7
Hi all,

This is my first experience with the UEFI bios and the manual isn't as detailed as I would like it. On prior systems I would set up the sleep mode to be strictly S3 only. I can't seem to find such a setting. I'm trying to set up my system to work with a Wake-On-Lan setup. Any information to get me going in the right direction would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Silvercloak
7 REPLIES 7

Dude1070
Level 8
Which Mother Board do you have? In the support site it will have a manual, and a BIOS manual. It is all in there.

Dude1070 wrote:
Which Mother Board do you have? In the support site it will have a manual, and a BIOS manual. It is all in there.

I have a hero ix board. The manual that came with it online and physical, is pretty scant for information. I get more instructions on the back of a cereal box.

Sikvercloak

Dude1070
Level 8
Have a look here in addition to your manual. Carefully read each BIOS setting, it is in there

http://www.sysadminshowto.com/how-to-configure-wake-on-lan-in-windows-10-and-windows-8-1/

Awesome. Thanks! Will give it a shot later today. So far I can wake if I'm at home, but getting it to wake remotely if I'm at work isn't quite taking. My old PC would as long as it hasn't been asleep for an hour or more.

Silvercloak

Dude1070
Level 8
Good luck, let us know if you get it :cool:

Dude1070 wrote:
Good luck, let us know if you get it :cool:

Was successful! The bios change and some fixing up with port forwarding and now I can wake it with my phone at home or away. Excellent!

Travis Penner

Dude1070
Level 8
:cool: