cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) IX FORMULA

Gofran
Level 8
Hello i am having this issue

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) IX FORMULA 67912 if i uninstal genric usb hub it goes away only its needed and reapears again i removed all usb devices and kept only the mouse issue still there and so i changed the mouse also same issue it reapears again i have the latest bios and drivers so what is the issue

7 REPLIES 7

Korth
Level 14
Sorry, my German sucks, lol.

I'm assuming that's "Generic USB Hub" and "Unknown USB-Device (device descriptor request failed)".

It looks like you didn't install all the M9F chipset drivers.

Do you have any off-board USB hubs plugged into the system (built into chassis, keyboard, etc)?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Gofran
Level 8
hi

no i did all the drivers for the mother board no i dont i have anything conected to the usb port of motherboard

Korth
Level 14
USB hub/ports built into (DisplayPort) monitor?

Can you right-click on the "missing" device and get Windows to automatically download/install driver?

If you methodically plug a USB device (extra keyboard, mouse, flash stick, anything) into each and every possible USB port then you should encounter one which prompts Windows to download/install the "missing" driver(s).

The motherboard manual briefly mentions "The USB 3.0 Module is purchased separately", I don't have any clue what this refers to.

It also says KeyBot II imposes some limits on specific USB ports. Probably not relevant.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Gofran
Level 8
I did that also i removed everything from usb port thee is no front usb connected also usb 3 header is not connected

I just reinstalled windows and the same issue is still there

Gofran
Level 8
Lol i just had it fixt turnt off pc did airspray down where headers where and the issue was gone

Well, if you are going through the unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) error then very first solution that you can try to fix unknown USB device issue is to check USB device and connection status. After that, you have to unplug the USB drive and insert it to another USB port to check if it’s recognized. If not then simply insert the device to a different system to check if the USB device descriptor error is causing there as well.