Did you mean: 

Rgb keyboard issue gl553d

mmohamed2
Level 8
Hi,
I changed the color of the keyboad TO ALL WHITE BUT THE RIGHT PART LOOKS YELLOW
CHECK THE IMAGES

So , software or hardware problem?
Is it because of using 4 different colors for long time?

ROG GAMING CENTRE V2.0.3

HELP!
43 REPLIES 43

Bran187
Level 9
mmohamed2 wrote:
Hi,
I changed the color of the keyboad TO ALL WHITE BUT THE RIGHT PART LOOKS YELLOW
CHECK THE IMAGES

So , software or hardware problem?
Is it because of using 4 different colors for long time?

ROG GAMING CENTRE V2.0.3

HELP!

Does setting it to a color other than white exhibit the same type of 'variance'? Try like a light blue, or a light yellow, and see if it does the same? I imagine the darker/deeper the color, the less noticeable the effect would be. Just trying to help you narrow down whether its a hardware or software problem.

Also have you tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers/lighting software? That would be the first thing I would try.

Bran187 wrote:
Does setting it to a color other than white exhibit the same type of 'variance'? Try like a light blue, or a light yellow, and see if it does the same? I imagine the darker/deeper the color, the less noticeable the effect would be. Just trying to help you narrow down whether its a hardware or software problem.

Also have you tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers/lighting software? That would be the first thing I would try.

Yes,right,the darker colors are less noticeable but for the others like light blue for exemple the right part is almost green 😕

I tried reinstalling and installing old version of aura core but the same problem, i don't know if the new preview version of windows 10 16299.15 cause this problem or not

Korth
Level 14
Is a similar difference noticeable when changing the full keyboard to other colours? If one particular colour/tint always (or never) appears in the same region then it could be a hardware fault, something wrong with the LED logic part or connector ribbon or whatever.

I'm going to guess - just a guess - that it's software. AURA is still buggy.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Is a similar difference noticeable when changing the full keyboard to other colours? If one particular colour/tint always (or never) appears in the same region then it could be a hardware fault, something wrong with the LED logic part or connector ribbon or whatever.

I'm going to guess - just a guess - that it's software. AURA is still buggy.

It's the same for all colors

i hope it's software problem

I notice this problem after the windows update to build 16299.15

I don't remember if there's the same problem in the old win10 version or not

PLEASE ANYONE HAVE THE SAME PC (GL553VD i7 8RAM) CONFIRM THE ISSUE

Anyone can take a photo of the keyboard Please!!

mmohamed2, hi!
I did not notice any heterogenety in colour distribution:
White (255; 255; 255)
Yellow (255; 255; 0)
I only noticed that all right diodes of lower row make a little bit green, but my camera can not catch this:

Do you perform a test similar to dead pixel test for monitors? I.e. toggle only red diodes (255; 0; 0), then only green (0; 255; 0) and then blue (0; 0; 255)? If these primary colours did not alter over all keyboard, problem is not in hardware.

Cheers!

Lord Obsidian wrote:
Do you perform a test similar to dead pixel test for monitors? I.e. toggle only red diodes (255; 0; 0), then only green (0; 255; 0) and then blue (0; 0; 255)? If these primary colours did not alter over all keyboard, problem is not in hardware.

Is this not what you meant?

I think if all the primary colours do not properly show then the problem is hardware. Or do you mean the opposite?

That is a very good testing approach, though.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]