cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With SLI (GTX 1070 OC)

AndyBlak
Level 7
Hey dudes!

I recently purchased my second GTX 1070 OC. I previously just had one in my rig. I've had quite a bit of trouble with getting everything to run correctly, and I was hoping to get some assistance with how to address the issues. I am using the SLI HB bridge that comes with the Maximus IX Hero. (My hardware info is available under my profile to the left)

One of the main problems that I have is that if I have my second monitor enabled, I get choppiness/V-sync issues when running full screen games on my primary monitor. If I only use my 2k monitor, these issues are alleviated for the most part.

I've made significant changes to my GPU Tweak II profile to address many of the instability issues, but I feel like that is probably an area that I still need to tweak to get optimal performance. Here's what I have set:

GPU Boost Clock: User Define - Linear (1652-1857)
GPU Voltage: 40%
Memory Clock: 8100
Fan Speed: User Define (Fan Curve)
Power Target: 50%
Temp Target: 60
FPS: 75

I've also spent a lot of time tweaking the nVidia Control Panel settings trying to find what works best.

Overall, I feel like I'm missing something important. It just seems like SLI should be performing better than it is, especially with OC cards. Any help would be appreciated!

-Andy
2 REPLIES 2

AndyBlak
Level 7
I don't want to come across as sounding impatient. However, I am still very much having trouble with this issue. Does anyone else have SLI that could provide me with the GPU Tweak settings and nVidia Control Panel settings that the use, please?

AndyBlak
Level 7
I struggled for about 6 weeks with this issue, but I've finally fixed it. I wanted to share what I found in case it helps someone else.

The source of the issue was GPU Tweak 2. I tried using every possible combination of settings for it, including the default profiles and many combinations of custom profiles, but the issues continued. I finally decided to try uninstalling GPU Tweak to run both cards at stock. I immediately noticed improvement.

After seeing some success with that, I installed MSI Afterburner and I am managing both cards with that software. The FPS drops are gone. The choppiness is gone. It's fixed.

TL;DR: Uninstall GPU Tweak, use MSI Afterburner.

Sorry ASUS. I love your products and I wish that this wasn't the case.