cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty 1080 Ti STRIX OC: RMA Outside US

Marlen
Level 7
I've bought a faulty 1080Ti STRIX OC card in MicroCenter and had no possibility to check it on my PC, until I've returned to my country. Now I want to RMA, but their warranty already is out. So, only ASUS's manufacturer warranty is left. I wanted to know, if there is a way to RMA the card, as I have the receipt and the original box of the card. Maybe in my country, with authorization of ASUS?

Edit:
I don't have possibility to fly to US. Because I am a student, and also probably my VISA will get denied, and pretty sure it's gonna be cost me more than the shipping card itself. But I am still customer of ASUS.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Hello Marlen
Thank you for your inquiry.
Yes, you can still RMA your unit in your country, just contact your local Asus service center or support line
Our personnel will arrange the process. As for the warranty, please PM me your card serial number
I'll check if it applies local or global warranty, thank you

I have spoke with reps in my city already, they told me that "I haven't bought from their store(country), therefore they won't accept my GPU".
I need your assistance.
My country is Kazakhstan.
I also spoke with support of ASUS in CIS region too.

ASUS Service No=E1710052208

Bill
Level 7
Hello Marlen
Hmmm...that's strange.
I've checked your card and it only has local warranty.
Normally, You can still send your unit for repairs locally, but fees will be charged, depending on local service standards and replaced parts.
If you want to resolve this at a minimum cost, I would suggest to let someone bring your card to the country of original purchase and RMA the card.
Thank you