cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus disappointed us.

Mete_Gokturk
Level 8
We bought the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard because we believe in the quality of Asus.
But we certainly understood that. You see us as just money.
We are not customers!

If you thought of us, you should try to solve the following problems.

1-) Cold Boot Bug
2-) The problem of not being able to run high frequency RAM
3-) Suddenly, processor fans or liquid cooling pump shutdown problem
4-) Continuous collapse of the Aura program
5-) Unstable Fan Xpert problem

You have not produced any real solutions to solve these problems! In fact, you are no longer interested in all these problems.

We are sure you are now interested in the X470 and Z370 editions. However, this motherboard did not last for more than a year.

I finally sent the motherboard back.

I'm tired of out-of-date driver packages and never-ending problems.

Never forget that! Money does not mean everything!

Finally, I recommend you to make a motherboard that can be opened in one go.
51 REPLIES 51

smersh
Level 7
They say, bug with cold boot will soon be repaired. The rest of the motherboard manufacturers are likely to have no less problems.

Korth
Level 14
Mete Gokturk wrote:
I recommend you to make a motherboard that can be opened in one go.

I don't understand what you mean by this.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

voreo
Level 7
Mete Gokturk wrote:
We bought the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard because we believe in the quality of Asus.
But we certainly understood that. You see us as just money.
We are not customers!

If you thought of us, you should try to solve the following problems.

1-) Cold Boot Bug
2-) The problem of not being able to run high frequency RAM
3-) Suddenly, processor fans or liquid cooling pump shutdown problem
4-) Continuous collapse of the Aura program
5-) Unstable Fan Xpert problem

You have not produced any real solutions to solve these problems! In fact, you are no longer interested in all these problems.

We are sure you are now interested in the X470 and Z370 editions. However, this motherboard did not last for more than a year.

I finally sent the motherboard back.

I'm tired of out-of-date driver packages and never-ending problems.

Never forget that! Money does not mean everything!

Finally, I recommend you to make a motherboard that can be opened in one go.

Really only 4 & 5 are asus exclusive problems.

voreo wrote:
Really only 4 & 5 are asus exclusive problems.

Totally agree. Using the water temp headers causes the fans to become uncontrollable and the pump to behave very randomly.

I have posted numerous threads, filled out their bug report form and contacted Asus support.

NOTHING.
Its not a problem with my hardware, I have tested everything. The fault is directly linked to water temp headers.

Even not using the water temp headers, my fans still have a blip or two a day, but its not a huge deal. Really they need to spend some time sorting out the fan control and cold boot issues. But I think they are waiting on AMD for AGESA1.0.0.7 before they can fix cold boot.

Korth
Level 14
ASUS Aura is not really an exclusive problem. MSI Mystik Light, Gigabyte Fusion/Aorus, and ASRock RGB are all buggy and moody (and all have bad SDKs) as well.
It's because RGB LED stuff is a bolt-on. It's a burden slaved onto existing motherboard hardware parts, it's not given its own little corner full of dedicated hardware parts.
Observe Aura's intensity shifts or colour transitions carefully and you (or at least your smartphone camera) can visually detect how rough and choppy the RGB PWM increments really are. Same with the RGBs on competitor mobos.

So while Aura could (and should) certainly be improved, it's still not doing any worse than the best the competition can offer. And in the end the software will always be limited by the hardware.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
ASUS Aura is not really an exclusive problem. MSI Mystik Light, Gigabyte Fusion/Aorus, and ASRock RGB are all buggy and moody (and all have bad SDKs) as well.
It's because RGB LED stuff is a bolt-on. It's a burden slaved onto existing motherboard hardware parts, it's not given its own little corner full of dedicated hardware parts.
Observe Aura's intensity shifts or colour transitions carefully and you (or at least your smartphone camera) can visually detect how rough and choppy the RGB PWM increments really are. Same with the RGBs on competitor mobos.

So while Aura could (and should) certainly be improved, it's still not doing any worse than the best the competition can offer. And in the end the software will always be limited by the hardware.

I can second that. The output sucks. When I was making my own add on module for Aura to sync with some corsair fans and individually addressable led strip, I had to add smoothing caps to the ADC pins of the micro to stop everything randomly changing color. It sort of worked, but every 2 seconds or so, the output changed to white. I could get you some oscilloscope screen caps of the outputs if you want.

The Aura fix detailed above works. I did it a couple of days after I installed the new version. As for the other issues, I don't use corsair link or NZXT, only ai suite, and have no issues with shutdown/fans randomly turning off.

Uninstalling AI suite is on my todo list. I'll probably do it tomorrow. It really is a piece of ... I haven't found anything it does well.

Its only the water temp headers and cold boot issues left for me.

Flare X is rock solid. I've been running 2x8GB 3466MHz CL14 1T no issues for around 2 months now.

Although for me, with erp disabled, the cold boot bug only occurs when I switch the PSU off.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
I can second that. The output sucks. When I was making my own add on module for Aura to sync with some corsair fans and individually addressable led strip, I had to add smoothing caps to the ADC pins of the micro to stop everything randomly changing color. It sort of worked, but every 2 seconds or so, the output changed to white. I could get you some oscilloscope screen caps of the outputs if you want.

I had the same issue when building a Tinkerboard-based hardware monitor/controller, lol. I ended up building an "LED distributor":
The part looks much better, of course, when installed under its printed plastic fixture. The (4x1000uF/10V and 2x2200uF/20V) smoothing caps work perfectly, without any random colour skews or white flickers. I was originally thinking of building two of these (one for each RGB header) but it turned out one was already overkill. I've measured up to ~2.25A capacity before it passes enough load up to the mainboard to introduce visual RGB artifacts during transitions, although (embarassingly) I've never had more than 300mA worth of RGB EL-Wire feeding off it, lol.

Original design isn't mine, I adapted it from something I found a long time ago (and can't find again) on MDPC.

[/Korth]

I've tried all the suggested solutions before.

I've formatted the windows operating system many times. I did routine cleaning and maintenance work with Ccleaner and Advanced Sytem Care programs.

My memory kits have QVL list: G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZ 16GB (8GB * 2) SS 14-14-14-34 1.35V

Power supply: Seasonic 860W Platinum.

I always update my Bios versions. But I said it in the first message. None of these problems are solved.

I made the bios settings default. The system can not boot even at 2133Mhz.
I enter the Bios interface again. I select the memory frequency to 3200 MHz. I select and record DRAM Voltage and Dram Boot Voltage 1.35V. This time it's booting at 3200Mhz. But when I turn off the PSU and turn it back on again, unfortunately it still boots at 1833Mhz.

I have considered and implemented many suggestions for this problem. But the Cold Boot problem has always existed.

A much worse problem began: The processor fan or liquid cooling pump stopped working for an unknown reason. When I restarted the system, it was starting to work.

I've investigated this problem. Many users like me have experienced this problem before.
This problem was occasionally repeated in different BIOS versions.

When I updated to 1501 Bios version, motherboard did not open again. I booted with Safe Boot. The Bios default seemed problem-free. But he did not boot normally. Then the system did not open at all.

I reset the bios chip several times. Bios battery out. I made Clear CMOS. I made Bios Flashback. But in no way did I solve this problem.

The problem of stopping the processor fan or liquid cooling pump was as follows.

The Wraith Spire CPU fan stopped for no reason. I bought NZXT Kraken X52 liquid cooling. But after a while the liquid cooling pump started to stop. I started to live with this problem on many bios versions. And there are other users who are experiencing this problem. Many users do not know this problem. Because sometimes this problem is happening.

I think there are very serious chronic problems of the Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard.

We don't need useless work arounds about these issues. We tried all of them and nothing changed. We need proper fixes. Will asus fix these problems or not? Tell the truth and don't waste our time with these problems.

1- I'am not using any of AIO software, fan Xpert etc...only latest beta of aida64 and using default fan profile in the bios. This board stopped aio pump header and pump's o-ring leaked all over place in the rig because of high temp.

2-This board reports false cpu temp after sleep. This causes all fans to speed up and makes the PC very noisy. I can't believe why asus didn't make a fix about this.

3-Crashing system monitoring softwares, fan header problems, wrong temp reports are signs of an hardware design flaw.

I don't care cold boot, aura, overclocking ability any more . I want proper and safe system. If you do not make proper bios take your mainboards and give us our money back.