Storage #2WD Black 1TB
    CaseCM Mastercase Maker 5
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G2 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10

As for Aura, I'm still on 1.05.11 (i think, cant figure out how to find version for the software, going by install date) and don't have any issues.

But I also do not use anything other than their sound drivers for the board, aside from that I don't use anything that would conflict

(Still on 1403 as well though)
    Last edited by voreo; 10-09-2017 at 03:52 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array mito1172 PC Specs
    mito1172 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP DV 7
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X 4.0 GHZ
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200@ 3466Mhz C14 16GB (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G
    MonitorViewsonic XG2401 24"1ms 144HZ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3
    Storage #2Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12S SE
    CaseCooler Master Case PRO 5
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus Plus 750W 80+Gold
    OS WİNDOWS 10
    Network RouterAİRTİES

Quote Originally Posted by sadaharu View Post
    Sakin ol bro.

ASUS got the %45 of mobo marketshare.

They are the biggest and the most valuable company in this area. They dever it ? Maybe.

I got your frustration and i believe you are right.

But I might have some solutions for you.

1-) Cold Boot Bug
    - I have nothing to say about it.

2-) The problem of not being able to run high frequency RAM
    Buy G.Skill Flare X. They run stable as f..k. Other ram kits not given on QVL list will always cause problem.

3-) Suddenly, processor fans or liquid cooling pump shutdown problem.
    If you have corsair. Use Corsair Link and link it to your mobo's usb. Select silent mode. Delete everting else related to the fans like al suite or etc.
    Buy some cheap fan controller. Plug it into your mobo's PWM fan control plug.
    Go into bios. Select q fan control. Then select pwm - quiet.

Shutdown is related to conflicting softwares. Delete em all. Except your Corsair Link or other software which you are using Nzxt or etc.

4-) Continuous collapse of the Aura program
    Delete it completely. Uninstall it and then go to C:Program files or whereever you put it. Delete the file with shift+delete.
    Delete lighting service from same file directory after closing all services related to it with device manager.
    Download the one before the last AURA. Setup it. It will work ı guess.

5-) Unstable Fan Xpert problem
    Delete it. AL Suite is just a piece of ...

Im summary. Learn how to control everything with your BIOS. Not some softwares.
    Everytime you uninstall something use CCleaner to wipe out all remanings. Or you can just use IOBit uninstaller.

I hope it works for you.
    I solved most of my problems with those solutions.
    my G.Skill Flare X 2x8 3200 MHZ cold boot in progress
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 4.0 GHZ (NOCTUA NH-U12S SE) ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G) G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 32 GB (4x8GB) Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3 SSD

mito1172 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP DV 7
    OS WİNDOWS 10
    Network RouterAİRTİES

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    Why do you think we are not interested in trying to solve these problems?

1. Did you try the 9920 BIOS? We'll have the same fix in an official BIOS that whenever we have AGESA 1007 from AMD. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-9920-amp-1403
    3. We have a theory of why this is happening, and hopefully something to test soon.
    If the 9920 BIOS is very good, why is not it official? Please fix the problems as soon as possible
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 4.0 GHZ (NOCTUA NH-U12S SE) ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G) G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 32 GB (4x8GB) Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3 SSD

New ROGer Array

Asus

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    Why do you think we are not interested in trying to solve these problems?

1. Did you try the 9920 BIOS? We'll have the same fix in an official BIOS that whenever we have AGESA 1007 from AMD. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-9920-amp-1403
    3. We have a theory of why this is happening, and hopefully something to test soon.

First of all thank you for your contact.

My purpose is never to blame the ASUS brand! First I want to say that.

Already, we know that the ZEN 1 processor architecture is very new. We also know that there may be some mistakes. We accept all of this.

And that's why we chose Asus Crosshair VI Hero named product. Because, we know: '' Even if there is an error, Asus is a reliable mark and will try to solve this problem. ''

I respect your 9920 Bios proposal and never agree with your proposal.

Because I do not believe that problems can be solved by updating the product to an older bios version.

I used all the beta and official bios. In both of them, I faced the problems I said in the first message. I always showed patience and I expected it to be dissolved over time.

And the motherboard never opened again.

You may not care about these issues. But you need to be aware of that: People trust you. Some people buy this product, maybe giving it a month's salary.

I sent back my motherboard. They gave me the money back. I do not have a problem.
    But do not bother people with technical details and problems.

Some may not know the bios settings. Some may not be able to make very precise settings.

Finally, thank you for your interest anyway.

Goodbye...

mito1172 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP DV 7
    OS WİNDOWS 10
    Network RouterAİRTİES

Quote Originally Posted by Mete Gokturk View Post
    First of all thank you for your contact.

My purpose is never to blame the ASUS brand! First I want to say that.

Already, we know that the ZEN 1 processor architecture is very new. We also know that there may be some mistakes. We accept all of this.

And that's why we chose Asus Crosshair VI Hero named product. Because, we know: '' Even if there is an error, Asus is a reliable mark and will try to solve this problem. ''

I respect your 9920 Bios proposal and never agree with your proposal.

Because I do not believe that problems can be solved by updating the product to an older bios version.

I used all the beta and official bios. In both of them, I faced the problems I said in the first message. I always showed patience and I expected it to be dissolved over time.

And the motherboard never opened again.

You may not care about these issues. But you need to be aware of that: People trust you. Some people buy this product, maybe giving it a month's salary.

I sent back my motherboard. They gave me the money back. I do not have a problem.
    But do not bother people with technical details and problems.

Some may not know the bios settings. Some may not be able to make very precise settings.

Finally, thank you for your interest anyway.

Goodbye...
    i agree to you

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

Even back when I bought the motherboard in May, just after AGESA1.0.0.6 had been released, there was little to no interest in solving issues.

I posted numerous issues, around things like raid and more notably the motherboard VRMs injecting high-pitched noise onto both the signal and ground lines of the audio codecs 3.5mm jacks.

I got three useless replies across a few different forums, all of which either asked the bleeding obvious and didn't reply to my response, or from people who clearly had no clue what they were talking about. One was from an Asus employee (even that doesn't happen anymore.) A day or so later, after I had built some relatively simple electronics to sort the problem out, some employee asked me to explain what I was doing with differential amplifiers. Pretty crap service in my book.

Some communication and acknowledgement of issues would go along way to making customers feel like there was even the slightest inclination to sort out what is (admittedly much better than it used to be) still a very buggy platform.

Bios 9920 seems to somewhat improve cold boot, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference from a true cold boot with wall power unplugged. It does however seem to have helped with a warm boot where ErP is disabled, and power is not removed. However 1403, 1501, 1602 and 1701 all behave in a similar fashion.
    Would someone care to tell me what exactly it is meant to fix, I'm guessing most people have the issue from a 'warm' boot with ErP disabled and wall power plugged in.
    Last edited by unknownmiscreant; 10-10-2017 at 02:07 AM.

mito1172 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP DV 7
    OS WİNDOWS 10
    Network RouterAİRTİES

Quote Originally Posted by unknownmiscreant View Post
    Even back when I bought the motherboard in May, just after AGESA1.0.0.6 had been released, there was little to no interest in solving issues.

I posted numerous issues, around things like raid and more notably the the motherboard VRMs injecting high-pitched noise onto both the signal and ground lines of the audio codec 3.5mm jacks.

I got three useless replies across a few different forums, all of which either asked the bleeding obvious and didn't reply to my response, or from people who clearly had no clue what they were talking about. One was from an Asus employee (even that doesn't happen anymore.) A day or so later, after I had built some relatively simple electronics to sort the problem out, some employee asked me to explain what I was doing with differential amplifiers. Pretty crap service in my book.

Some communication and acknowledgement of issues would go along way to making customers feel like there was even the slightest inclination to sort out what is (admittedly much better than it used to be) still a very buggy platform.

Bios 9920 seems to somewhat improve cold boot, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference from a true cold boot with wall power unplugged. It does however seem to have helped with a warm boot where ErP is disabled, and power is not removed. However 1403, 1501, 1602 and 1701 all behave in a similar fashion.
    Would someone care to tell me what exactly it is meant to fix, I'm guessing most people have the issue from a 'warm' boot with ErP disabled and wall power plugged in.
    yes problematic Erp

New ROGer Array voreo PC Specs
    voreo PC Specs
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3200C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming X RX 480 8G
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB
    CaseCM Mastercase Maker 5
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G2 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10

Well even if it doesnt fix the from the wall power cold boot issue, just set the fail count between 3-5 so avoid worrying about a complete reset

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by voreo View Post
    Well even if it doesnt fix the from the wall power cold boot issue, just set the fail count between 3-5 so avoid worrying about a complete reset
    That may be it. I have a fail count of 4.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhil17 View Post
    How much soon? One week? One month? *
    Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    people will think that when they are left in the dark with no official word in these forums from Asus. Just an update saying OK we acknowledge x.y.z problems and hope to have it fixed by a.b.c not asking for much.
    I don't want to speculate, it's being worked on.

I just flashed 9920 bios. It seems to help a bit, but doesn't fully resolve the issue, for me at least. My machine still resets twice when ErP is enabled/the PSU is switched off. Behavior with ErP disabled hasn't changed much.

You seem to be fairly interested in solving these problems, but there are other issues that are being completely ignored. The water temp sensor headers on my MBO are totally useless. Using them within AI suite renders any chassis fan header instantly uncontrollable.

I tried to set up my fan curves in the BIOS, as AI suite is a piece of ... but couldn't find any way of setting either water in or water out as temp sources for fans in the BIOS, despite them being reading correctly in the monitor tab.

I have posted numerous threads, got no replies, and as a last resort I contacted Asus support around 2 weeks ago now. I gave very detailed information about my system and detailed the exact steps to replicate the problem, including the config data for AI suite (fan curves and fan tuning XML files.) I got a fairly slow reply telling me it had been escalated to global support, but have heard nothing since.

This is completely unacceptable given how the "ROG Water cooling zone" is promoted on the product page for the motherboard. Water cooling is about silence, so having the features of the motherboard dedicated to water cooling make fans uncontrollable and hence much louder is utterly laughable in my opinion.

I would never have bought this board had I known this was the case.

I posted numerous issues, around things like raid and more notably the motherboard VRMs injecting high-pitched noise onto both the signal and ground lines of the audio codecs 3.5mm jacks.

Some communication and acknowledgement of issues would go along way to making customers feel like there was even the slightest inclination to sort out what is
    [admittedly much better than it used to be] still a very buggy platform.

We have to go in order of priority and severity of the issue. I can't promise everything will be fixed. There's a lot of noise in a modern PC, and the audio implementations on motherboards are not high-end, no matter what the marketing says. If you want a better solution,. you should be looking at an external USB DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by mito1172 View Post
    If the 9920 BIOS is very good, why is not it official? Please fix the problems as soon as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by alonor View Post
    Hello, how much more can you wait to fix the error with the cold boot. I bought the system almost from the very start. My system is more than half a year and the computer does not turn on all the time from the first time. HOW MUCH STILL WAITING FOR? I was hoping for your quality and reliability, but it turned out .... Motherboards from other manufacturers may be worse on the element base, but they do not have such errors. I like the ryzen processors and I did not even think about the correctness of the purchase, even with the release of the coffee lake, but those mistakes that last for so long simply kill.
    It's a problem inherent to the Ryzen platform. We have some workarounds we can use to improve the situation, but we can't fix the underlying problem. 9920 is based on an older AGESA, in the current AGESA the workaround we used is broken. Thus we need to wait for the next AGESA where it's fixed before it can be included in a public release.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph84 View Post
    Wont you fix the problem "False cpu temp after sleep. This causes all fans to speed up and makes the PC very noisy."

This problem drives me crazy.
    It's been fixed on ZE, working to have it implemented on next release for C6H/E as well. Hopefully very soon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast