cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion 7.1 Horrendous Microphone. S/N: H6. How to Get Replacement?

KaziQ
Level 7
Hi,

I have purchased this headset last week with so much expectation. So you can imagine the kind of downfall/disappointment I had as soon as I join my friends on Discord. I never even bothered to check the microphone quality having bought a set so expensive over the top quality. It's ASUS after all. I trust ASUS very much. I've been buying their motherboards, CDROM drives etc ever since I was a kid. It's almost like Apple like quality in PC environment.

So how could this microphone issue come to life in an ASUS product? I have no idea. For all I know I either get a replacement headset or I return this product back. So I am trying to get a replacement. What form do I fill or who do I message? I PMed Bahz couple of days ago and he didn't respond to my message. 2 days later or so I posted on the forum saying that it was his last day on the job. So I am trying to figure out how to get a replacement.

Thank you for the help.
KaziQ
14 REPLIES 14

Zahls
Level 7
KaziQ wrote:
Hi,

I have purchased this headset last week with so much expectation. So you can imagine the kind of downfall/disappointment I had as soon as I join my friends on Discord. I never even bothered to check the microphone quality having bought a set so expensive over the top quality. It's ASUS after all. I trust ASUS very much. I've been buying their motherboards, CDROM drives etc ever since I was a kid. It's almost like Apple like quality in PC environment.

So how could this microphone issue come to life in an ASUS product? I have no idea. For all I know I either get a replacement headset or I return this product back. So I am trying to get a replacement. What form do I fill or who do I message? I PMed Bahz couple of days ago and he didn't respond to my message. 2 days later or so I posted on the forum saying that it was his last day on the job. So I am trying to figure out how to get a replacement.

Thank you for the help.
KaziQ

Hi KaziQ,

Have a look at this thread.. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...hocking/page24

~Zahls~

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
KaziQ wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the help.
KaziQ

Hi KaziQ,

Please private message me the following details:
1. Your full name
2. Address
3. Phone Number
4. Email
5. Serial Number (should contain CM)
6. Proof of purchase / invoice

For your privacy, please do not post personal info here.

upsnef
Level 8
damn that was fast, Asus support are really great

sent info to Master and 14Hours later they sent me shipping label and RMA paper

What the ****?

What? I have been waiting for over 3 months!!!!!!!

Hi,

I have purchased the ROG Centurion 7.1 headset last week and the microphone is so bad !!!. I have tried so many level adjustments, placement of the mic, beta firmware, and this on different PCs (even on a bran new laptop at work), nothing helps the mic is so bad, my friends can't hardly ear me...
My serial number starts with H7 which doesn't seem good one 😞

Its been decades I trust and recommend only Asus, but what a disappointment with this headset's microphone, and found this forum full of people with the same issue let me think there is an hardware issue with my headset. Technology is complex and problems arrise, I can understand that, but in that case I need answer from customer service.

As the headset is useless in gaming without a working mic, I can only get a replacement or return it.
But I've sent a PM to MasterC@ASUS without reply since last Friday.
And my shop won't let me indefinitely wait for an answer from MasterC@ASUS and I'll very-soon need to return it.

I'm willing to continue to trust and recommend Asus, this is why I give Asus a chance to correct the bad microphone and provide me a replacement.

So please just let me know if I can get a replacement and be thankful or return it and remain disappointed ?

Meestch

Morning all,

I purchased my headset 2017/09/28, with serial H1...the mic is absolutely awful...who do i contact? I followed a thread and replied to CM...however I cannot attach my invoice, everything else was supplied. I have already registered the product on asus website

kind regards

egorot wrote:
Morning all,

I purchased my headset 2017/09/28, with serial H1...the mic is absolutely awful...who do i contact? I followed a thread and replied to CM...however I cannot attach my invoice, everything else was supplied. I have already registered the product on asus website

kind regards

@MasterC@asus

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
egorot wrote:
Morning all,

kind regards

Your message has been replied to, please check your inbox. Thanks.