Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Junior Member Array

I fixed my asus rog centurion mic!

Hey guys. Name's Mike. Have had the too quiet, too bassy problem with my 7.1 centurion mic just like everyone else despite trying literally every fix i know as a computer builder... but... TODAY IS THE DAY. Please feel free to share this information if you find it helpful. Turn your mic boost in windows manage audio devices screen to 70% ish, the sensitivity on the mic setting on the amp to 80%... stay with me I know you've all "already tried that"... then where you have 3 holes on the tip of the mic... take a pin, heat it up and very carefully burn the other 2 holes through about 1.5 mm. DONT GO TOO DEEP. I know this sounds ridiculous but my mic literally sounds as clear as any mic i've ever owned. All my friends recognize me and I have no more problems. The shroud on the tip is simply terribly designed. Again be careful not to burn through to any hardware (only melt a hole in the plastic shroud) but my god it works!... and WELL!!! Good luck all!

ROG Junior Member Array

Rog centurion horrible microphone

Good morning, I have these headphones that I won in a web draw (they did not give me an invoice) and I have the same problem with the microphone that solves this problem.
    I have searched the forum and I can not find a solution, the updates do not solve anything either, and it is exasperating to have this good quality headset with this horrible microphone.

I need help please, thanks.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prietodiaz View Post
    Good morning, I have these headphones that I won in a web draw (they did not give me an invoice) and I have the same problem with the microphone that solves this problem.
    I have searched the forum and I can not find a solution, the updates do not solve anything either, and it is exasperating to have this good quality headset with this horrible microphone.

I need help please, thanks.
    Please check your inbox for more info. Thanks.

New ROGer Array

CENTURION Bad mic

I have had these headphones for some time now and have tried tweaking every setting possible. My team mates tell me my mic is unbearable when using in game voice chat and they have to adjust my settings in discord or TS to compensate for the terrible sound. I would like to try and get the revised version please.

New ROGer Array

I have bought this headset date 06-02-2019 and must say sound quality is good but I am very sad about the microphono sound. My friends on Teamspeak and Discord turn me off because the microphono sound quality is so bad.

I have tried from 2 computers but same result and I have installed the software from ASUS website to this headset.

Do ASUS have any settings to help this microphono quality to be better or what shall I do to get it better … ?

The serial number is J8YHCM001166
    The part number is 90YH00J1-M8UA00
    ROG 7.1/BLK/ALW+UBW/AS
    Check number GZ8R

PM send to MasterC@ASUS so hope soon message from him on what I shall do.

Best Regards

Thomas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2