cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with FiOS Gigabit download speed on Asus ROG G751JY

Swampthing
Level 8
About a week ago, I had FiOS Gigabit installed. Getting ethernet download speeds on my Asus around 300-500, but uploads well over 900. Router speed shows 940/1200. Spent a half hour with a tech trying to determine the problem, and why I can't get over that speed. Using a Mac Pro plugged in, I get almost 800. The PC that I own is a ASUS G751JY 17-Inch Gaming Laptop [2014 model] Link: »a.co/7NMB73O with Windows 10 installed.

Using the standard Quantum Gateway router. Scanned for viruses. Nothing. Did the FiOS Optimization Tool. No difference.

Anyone have ideas how to improve my speed?

On Verizon's speed test site.

0····|··· 20····|··· 75····|··· 400····|··· 1Gig

Reston, VA 71.163.9.225 Ping/Latency 4 ms
Oct 7 2017, 8:12 PM
These results reflect speeds to the test server. You may experience different speeds when accessing particular internet content and applications.
Download 377.52 Mbps
Upload 925.61 Mbps
Asus Strix G733QSA-XS99-17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
360Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
Razer Deathadder v2 Mouse
Verizon FiOS: Gigabit connection
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you are getting the upload speed I don’t think the machine is your problem.*
Download and run lan speed test and see what you are getting within your network first.
Next up for bids the standard router Verizon gives you sucks big donkey ............. tails.
Get a decent router and simply DMZ it through the Verizon gateway. *I have the same service with an ASUS AC 5300 DMZd and peg the meter on wireless connections that support that speed. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Korth
Level 14
Your "slow" FiOS network performances could be network-side, not local.

As in, it could be a non-technical problem which requires a non-technical fix.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]