cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G752VS Problems RMA or Refund?

billkarpetas
Level 7
I had recently posted about my issue with my new g752vs laptop that I purchased from BestBuy canada ill leave the link below.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96528-New-ASUS-g752vs-crashing-games-and-rebooting

ASUS support told me to do a factory reset and play the same games without doing a windows update to see if the problem is with the os or my pc, I did the reset and Im having the same issue before doing any windows updates.

ASUS support then told me that its a hardware issue and that it needs to be send to RMA ( not far from where I live in Ontario ).

The laptop is only 10 days old, so my question is do I send it to RMA ( how reliable are they? ) or do I get a full refund back and keep looking?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

haihane
Level 13
Ultimately, i think it's up to you.

in an ASUS forum, you're (probably!) more likely to get the advice to RMA and give the device another chance, and they wouldn't be wrong.
but if a full refund option is available...

getting your money back sounds like a much safer option, no?
then take your time to really carefully choose one laptop you'd really like, test the out of it before buying (if at all possible).

i'd do this if i were you (imagine that i'm in your shoes, and talking to the shop boss):
"i have this money back, i'm willing to give the shop another chance, but only if you're willing to let me test-run another laptop on spot before putting my money down again"
"what dya say? sound like a fair deal?"
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.