cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower temperature than room temp on 0801

Alexandre_ma
Level 7
So after installing the 0801 update my idle temps are 28C and load temp 50C. This is with fans set at their lowest speed. At full speed it can go to 16C. My room temp is about 24, how is this happening? I have a 4ghz OC at 1.35V and my cooler is a Enermax TR4 360.
Anyone has any idea of what can be done? Im afraid of ruining my 1950x 😕
Rolling back to different bios still has the same issue if i overclock.
Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

vsimone67
Level 7
Alexandre_ma wrote:
So after installing the 0801 update my idle temps are 28C and load temp 50C. This is with fans set at their lowest speed. At full speed it can go to 16C. My room temp is about 24, how is this happening? I have a 4ghz OC at 1.35V and my cooler is a Enermax TR4 360.
Thanks

If I am understanding you properly, your max temp on load it 50C and idle is around 16-28C. That is well withing range and is actually very good. My idle temps are between 18-28C. If I run a CPU-Z stress it does not go higher than 50, if I game its around 30+ (my video card is 69C).

I use a Termaltake 360 with a push/pull config mounted in the front of my case. I also overclock and I am running 4 GHZ and 3200 mhz.

I think the question is more along the lines of "how can the CPU temperature be lower than room temperature"?.
I wouldn't expect the CPU temp to be lower than room temperature. It that were the case I would suspect something wrong.
You're cooling the CPU with air aspirated from the room, it cannot magically give temperatures significantly cooler than what the air you're cooling with is at (maybe by a few degrees due to the fooling factor of moving air, but not by ~10°C, at least I wouldn't think so.

That said, I'm using the Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO water cooler too, a high performance cooling solution, stock CPU speed (no CPU overclocking), and get idle temps of 30 to 32°C with room temperature of 25°C, which makes sense and is the best temps I ever had with any previous build.
I'm on BIOS 0801 myself too, so this may not be a BIOS issue, as my temps appear normal to me.

leyabe wrote:
I think the question is more along the lines of "how can the CPU temperature be lower than room temperature"?.
I wouldn't expect the CPU temp to be lower than room temperature. It that were the case I would suspect something wrong.
You're cooling the CPU with air aspirated from the room, it cannot magically give temperatures significantly cooler than what the air you're cooling with is at (maybe by a few degrees due to the fooling factor of moving air, but not by ~10°C, at least I wouldn't think so.

That said, I'm using the Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO water cooler too, a high performance cooling solution, stock CPU speed (no CPU overclocking), and get idle temps of 30 to 32°C with room temperature of 25°C, which makes sense and is the best temps I ever had with any previous build.
I'm on BIOS 0801 myself too, so this may not be a BIOS issue, as my temps appear normal to me.

Would you mind overclocking to 4 GHz to see if the problem is with the overclocking?

I tried at 4GHZ and it didn't change anything for me. Well it did increase my idle temps by a few degrees as I expected, but no other change.

davemon50
Level 11
Approach temperature will be greater than zero, so your reported low temps are wrong. Unless you are drawing in unmixed air from the A/C system vents and getting colder intake to the case than mixed room air. At equilibrium the CPU temp will match room temp, it heats up from there.
Davemon50

vpkb1998
Level 7
Alexandre_ma wrote:
Thanks

I get the same result with idle/load, and have the same setup. Although, my voltage is 1.395/1.4 using the 4Ghz profile.

vpkb1998 wrote:
I get the same result with idle/load, and have the same setup. Although, my voltage is 1.395/1.4 using the 4Ghz profile.

I have the same results with 0803 and the 4Ghz OC Profile. The CPU temperatures have suddenly dropped approx. 10 C after loading the 4Ghz profile. So.. How can that happen unless they are fudging a calibration formula in the BIOS to suit their needs? This is frustrating. What is the real CPU temperature??

When running under some load (approx. 60w CPU Power), My CPU temp is 29C and water temp is 28C. Great numbers if you are foolish enough to believe it. 🙂

Under a bit larger load and slightly higher room temps, I see my CPU temps sitting slightly below water temperature! I seriously doubt that. This is regular water; not magic water.

So my question is how and why is this changing!? ..and how do I get an accurate CPU temperature measurement?

gupsterg
Level 13
Alexandre_ma wrote:
Thanks

Are you using latest OLED FW? (links in here)
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Are you using latest OLED FW? (links in here)

I am. My bios is 0701 though. I didn't know about the 0801 beta release. I'll update it this evening.

Right now my CPU is 17C, water temp. is 27C, and ambient temp is 20.5C. lol This is when it's the furthest out of whack; cold under no load.

Regards,
Travis