cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 Maximus Extreme ?

rjbarker
Level 11
Hi all
Any idea if ASUS is going to offer any Boards a little more suited to us enthusiasts for Z370 Chipset? I see MSI has a "God Like" but Im looking for something in between that one and the X Hero.
I think Im finally ready to swap out my RIVE and 3930K for a new set-up and single GPU (1080Ti).

Also...anyone know if the EK Mono Block for the Z270 Maximus IX Herp would work on the X Hero?

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7

Leatjuhh
Level 7
I know that the Maximus X Formula is coming out as well. Perhaps this is what you're looking for.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

nightstrike
Level 7
rjbarker wrote:
Hi all
Any idea if ASUS is going to offer any Boards a little more suited to us enthusiasts for Z370 Chipset? I see MSI has a "God Like" but Im looking for something in between that one and the X Hero.
I think Im finally ready to swap out my RIVE and 3930K for a new set-up and single GPU (1080Ti).

Also...anyone know if the EK Mono Block for the Z270 Maximus IX Herp would work on the X Hero?

Cheers

My guess is that the Extreme line died. This is unfortunate, as an M8E owner.

nightstrike wrote:
My guess is that the Extreme line died. This is unfortunate, as an M8E owner.

I doubt this. The Extreme goes out of stock as soon as it hits the shelves, the demand is high. Perhaps the Extreme will extend itself to the mainstream platform next year, however, for the time being it looks like it resides only on the HEDT platform. The Formula will be along shortly.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Korth
Level 14
ASUS has just barely started to put HERO and APEX and CODE on shelves - lol, "launch" was Oct/Nov - and they're struggling to meet demand. It'll take them a while to get FORMULA in circulation. It'll take a while longer to get EXTREME in circulation. They've also got to produce AM4, TR4, and X299 mobos.

I say it's too early to speculate, give it a few months, the EXTREME will come.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Menthol
Level 14
It would not be the first time an Extreme was not released on a platform, Maximus VII for example

Menthol wrote:
It would not be the first time an Extreme was not released on a platform, Maximus VII for example

Besides, at the current release rate by the time an Extreme version would be retail available, Z390 will replace it not much later.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Feklar wrote:
Besides, at the current release rate by the time an Extreme version would be retail available, Z390 will replace it not much later.

Forget the rest of the Intel 300 Series family ... at the rate things are going a "400 Series" will be rushed/launched right around xmas, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]