cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non stop restart of !!!!!

kokobsb
Level 7
here you can see how the hub restarts on its own non stop of centurion 7.1 .things I tried fresh windows install ,fresh driver and software install. Lowering the sound quality ,hub reset ,hub firmware the latest installed.i don't know what to do .device dell alienware 17r2 win 10 .sorry for the title .the hub part is missing.

https://youtu.be/kzTxyvI7fhU
8 REPLIES 8

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi kokobsb,

Please plug in both USB connectors into your laptop (from the video, it looks like you only have one plugged in), the audio station isn't getting enough power.

thanks for your reply I tried to plug both too ,unfortunately no joy I don't know what else I can try.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi kokobsb,

Please plug in both USB connectors into your laptop (from the video, it looks like you only have one plugged in), the audio station isn't getting enough power.

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
had this a couple of times. if you have it plugged in via one usb plug which i have then make sure it stays plugged in and restart the laptop. sometimes it wont enable the usb correctly and tries to start up over and over. plugging in both will nothing because as far as i know you will not get more power from 1 usb cable. if it needed more power surely it would have 2 separate cables.
also are you using USB 3? i dont think USB 2.0 produces enough power. not 100% sure but i think it needs USB 3.0 to work correctly.

well I have all my ports usb3.0 I tried different usb ports its a hit and miss sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't .I think the restart helps though thanks for your reply.

Guyvergamingtv wrote:
had this a couple of times. if you have it plugged in via one usb plug which i have then make sure it stays plugged in and restart the laptop. sometimes it wont enable the usb correctly and tries to start up over and over. plugging in both will nothing because as far as i know you will not get more power from 1 usb cable. if it needed more power surely it would have 2 separate cables.
also are you using USB 3? i dont think USB 2.0 produces enough power. not 100% sure but i think it needs USB 3.0 to work correctly.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi kokobsb,

Try to plug the secondary USB plug into another USB port on your laptop, this will require an extension cable if the port is on the other side of the laptop. The power output from certain ports in laptops are not consistent. Don't worry about whether the ports are USB 2.0 or 3.0. If that fails or if you don't have an extension cable, you could verify if there's a power issue by plugging the secondary plug into a phone charger.

So i tried again to use my phones adapter it does not work.itried to plug the secondary usb in another usb with an extension cord it doesn't work.running out of options .Sorry but thanks for the effort.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi kokobsb,

Try to plug the secondary USB plug into another USB port on your laptop, this will require an extension cable if the port is on the other side of the laptop. The power output from certain ports in laptops are not consistent. Don't worry about whether the ports are USB 2.0 or 3.0. If that fails or if you don't have an extension cable, you could verify if there's a power issue by plugging the secondary plug into a phone charger.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi kikibsb,

If you have already established that there's a power issue, it is best to send it in for RMA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

so I tried to plug the hub to in another computer different usb and they all worked fine so I guess my laptop does not have consistant power or there is an issue with the power in mu usb hubs.thank you for your help and no need for rma .

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi kikibsb,

If you have already established that there's a power issue, it is best to send it in for RMA. Sorry for the inconvenience.