cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270E Bios 1009 - BSOD ~ (Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap)

ROG_Sic
Level 7
Been using this motherboard for a month now and it's getting really annoying. Anyone having this issue? I already tried installing a fresh OS, set bios to defaults, unplugged all the unnecessary usb connection attached to the rig, still I'm getting this error. 😞

Sytem Specs:

Asus Strix Z270E
7700K (non-OC)
GTX 970 SSC
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb
Cryorig H7
Seasonic 650W PSU
12 REPLIES 12

samsiuca
Level 8
Set a manual vCore voltage (maybe around 1.25v for 4.5 GHz to be safe), and see if it still crashes.

Are you running XMP (higher than 2133MHz)? If so, turn it off and see if you still get BSODs; you could also try increasing the VCCIO/VSSA to 1.2(+) volts each (in case your CPU is having trouble with that 2x16GB module).

samsiuca wrote:
Set a manual vCore voltage (maybe around 1.25v for 4.5 GHz to be safe), and see if it still crashes.

Are you running XMP (higher than 2133MHz)? If so, turn it off and see if you still get BSODs; you could also try increasing the VCCIO/VSSA to 1.2(+) volts each (in case your CPU is having trouble with that 2x16GB module).

I'm on 1.25v vcore, ram running defaults too, i'll monitor this for now. Thanks!

ROG_Sic
Level 7
System crashed again this morning @8AM. :((

Korth
Level 14
Reseat the RAM. Confirm all cards and connectors have proper electrical contact. Blow out the dust, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Reseat the RAM. Confirm all cards and connectors have proper electrical contact. Blow out the dust, lol.

i already did before i installed a fresh OS. T_T

ROG_Sic
Level 7
Prior to this BSOD, i had a working z170 asrock board, with zero problems. So basically all my old pc parts had no issues, except for this new motherboard i upgraded.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi ROG_Stic

Does this work for you ?

i already tried that but no luck.