cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! First Time RMA

necroasus
Level 7
Hello,

I received an instant RMA ticket online and discovered the ASUS center was near by which was a stroke of good luck. However, when I personally dropped off my motherboard I was told by the CSR to take the motherboard off its original packaging for a quick inspection. He then prompted to tell me he was not a technician. After a minute of inspecting, he went to get a bag and asked me to put the motherboard inside. I was a bit curious because the bag had no protection and was quite flimsy. I asked if he would take my packaging, which was the original box for the motherboard, but told me they would just discard it. Several days later, I received two emails regarding an invoice and a picture showing that my motherboard was "scratched" therefore the warranty does not cover it. The picture portrayed a very tiny scratch at the side of the board, however, I know my motherboard was not damaged or even had any cosmetics issues prior to dropping it off. Not to mention, it was previously "inspected" by the CSR. I suspect that it may have been from the weak protection of the bag that may have been caused from further handling.

I want to ask if what the CSR did was normal procedure?

Thanks,
necroasus
2 REPLIES 2

necroasus
Level 7

Bill
Level 7
Hello necroasus
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

Thank you