cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero drivers/bios

Vox_8
Level 7
Got my Maximus X Hero running good so far except for audio drivers having no DVD drive doesn't help , I can't find them from this page: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Reviewers also mentioned a 0401 "launch" bios available but I can't find it too. (Running on 0213 atm)

Any help please?

Edit: Drivers have been added, thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

Menthol
Level 14
Vox-8,
I have a M X Hero Wifi but no CPU yet but your correct missing drivers and bios files on support page

Came here to ask the same thing. Board is great, running 5ghz with a 8700k and memory has been easy upto 3866.
However, there are no audio drivers or bios' on the support page.
I think there might be an issue with the memtweakit program also, it doesn't provide me with an efficiency score.

A new bios 0505 went up on europe page : https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/

No changelog description yet.

gavinh87 wrote:
I think there might be an issue with the memtweakit program also, it doesn't provide me with an efficiency score.

I am always left wondering, why would they post utilities that don't work. Happened on the Maximus IX as well. The posted Mem Tweakit package on the official driver page fails to do anything, but there is a corrected version floating around. I haven't found a version that works on the Maximus X yet.

Crysto
Level 7
Changelog would be great to have, should we expect one?

The_F34R_Channe
Level 7
Personally I'm waiting for the 1xxx BIOS before doing anything other than set up the memory. That said, does the audio still work for you guys? Kinda odd there're no drivers?

Edit: I see audio drivers on the site.
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64

Audio drivers working fine here, I'm dubious to update the bios without having some notes on it though.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
when the cpu is available (hopping November mid ) i will try to get on me to make test. Asus be strong. these is not nice to have the car and no brains to buy!
Learn, Play Enjoy!

770MB audio driver package for the Maxmus X Hero WiFi, what did you guys pack in there 😉