cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Impact Z370

yj668
Level 7
Is this board under development?

I hear from elmor's reddit that this model was skipped in Z270 because the VIII Impact was niche and didn't sold well.

To be fair, it doesn't have an M.2. slot in favour of a U.2. addition unlike its predecessor M7I
One of the old rog blog posts mentioned that M2 was skipped due to poor density.
(Look at the density of Samsung 960 Pro 2TB today)

Despite efficient use of the real estate of the ITX floor area, M8I was poorly received thanks to the poor IO (NVME M.2).
ROG should consider building this board with modern IO in consideration.
5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Level 14
1xx Series
mATX = B150M-A/M.2, B150M-C/D3, H110M-A/M.2, H110M-A/DP, H110M-E/M.2, H110M-K, Q170M-C/CSM, Z170M-E/D3, P10S-M WS, MAXIMUS VIII GENE
mITX = B150I-PRO/GAMING/WIFI, H110I-PLUS/CSM, Z170I-PRO/GAMING, MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT

2xx Series
mATX = PRIME B250M-A, PRIME B250M-K, PRIME B250M-PLUS, PRIME H270M-PLUS/CSM, PRIME Q270M-C/CSM, PRIME Z270M-PLUS, STRIX B250-G GAMING, STRIX B270-G GAMING
mITX = STRIX B250-I GAMING, STRIX H270-I GAMING, STRIX Z270-I GAMING

3xx Series
mATX = STRIX Z370-G GAMING, STRIX Z370-G GAMING/WIFI
mITX = STRIX Z370-I GAMING

MAXIMUS VIII GENE competed with 9 other ASUS mATX mobos. "MAXIMUS IX GENE" would've competed with 8 other ASUS mATX mobos.
MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT competed with 3 other ASUS mITX mobos. "MAXIMUS IX IMPACT" would've competed with 3 other ASUS mITX (ROG GAMING) mobos.

MAXIMUS high-end power in small mATX/mITX form factor cannot easily accommodate high-end coolers and hardware. There is demand, but it seems like a small niche.

I'd love to see mITX TUF/WIFI board, lol. It would make the ultimate durable HTPC box.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

yj668
Level 7
Quite frankly, the cooler options aren't an issue. I've used a CLC in the past for the M8I, currently its sitting in a custom loop (7700K 5.1G/1080 Ti FE).

Its quite an engineering marvel. I'm able to run a regular Samsung B Single Ranked kit at 3200MHz 1T with a stock VCCIO and mildly undervolted VCCSA that does GSAT without issues and the VRMs have trouble even reaching 50C with oceanic summer on prime 95 small FFTs.

I don't think there are other ITX boards in close vicinity of this one, the strix z370i included.

As per comment by Elmor, STRIX boards are rebranded pro gamings. Wasn't a fan of the pro gaming lineup.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/6atydw/open_but_personal_letter_to_the_pc_components/dhj7...

Korth
Level 14
I was never impressed by the huge array of tradeoff this-or-that mobo models, either. I'd prefer a full-featured (MAXIMUS or EXTREME) type of mobo as well.

ASUS has apparently decided (or discovered) that high end mobos in small form factor just don't sell. Sadly.

Not an ASUS product, and not as powerful as a MAXIMUS, but seeing as how ASUS has chosen to not compete anyhow - here is a 3.5" SBC board with embedded SoC i7-7600U. I'd love to see ASUS offer comparable products in the future.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Raja
Level 13
No Impact planned for this gen.

yj668
Level 7
Thanks for the concise answer Raja, about no chance of looking at Z370.
I hope the Impact will make a return on next year's platform.