cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage VI Extreme and Aura software

mpoffo
Level 10
Does anyone else have issues with this software working correctly on the Extreme? Half the time it will work, the other half it won't load. I Googled it and see some older posts about unplugging the computer to drain the power from the board but this does not work for me. I have had to uninstall and reinstall it twice now to get it to work.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup
95 REPLIES 95

smithkid
Level 7
mpoffo wrote:
Does anyone else have issues with this software working correctly on the Extreme? Half the time it will work, the other half it won't load. I Googled it and see some older posts about unplugging the computer to drain the power from the board but this does not work for me. I have had to uninstall and reinstall it twice now to get it to work.

Everyone agrees that the Aura software is VERY buggy. Lets hope they keep working on it and give regular updates but I fear that it is not high on their list.:(

smithkid wrote:
Everyone agrees that the Aura software is VERY buggy. Lets hope they keep working on it and give regular updates but I fear that it is not high on their list.:(

I hope they work on it sooner rather than later. One of the selling points to this board is the cool lighting built in. It would be a shame not to be able to consistently control it due to software issues.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

I make use of just about every RGB I can in my build and it is buggy as hell!. Some times it works and some times it doesn't and I'm have yet to confirm this or not but it might even be the cause of my computer crashing constantly. No blue screens but a complete hang, videos still on but frozen and no keyboard or mouse input accepted. Aura Version 1.05.18 seems to make it a bit more stable, however, after upgrading to 1.05.18 coincided with the freezing. It would freeze with barely any load and often during startup of various apps configured to run on startup.

I must say, when the lights work they look amazing, but whats a good looking $13,000+ PC if you cant use it.

Aura Sync RGB components in play:
- Rampage VI Extreme
- ASUS SLI bridge
- 8 G.Skill RAM Sticks 64 Gig at 3733 Mhz
- 2 Phanteks FE 1080 Ti blocks
- 3 Cable Mode LED Strips totaling 75 addressable LEDs
- ASUS ROG Claymore Keyboard (with number pad)
- ASUS ROG Gladius 2 Mouse
- EK Rampage VI MonoBlock (Not yet installed)

Non Aura RGB
- Thermaltake Toughpower DPS RGB 1500 Watt PSU
- 2x Enermax 400ml RGB pump reservoir combo
- Thermaltake AIO 360 RGB
- 3x Thermaltake Riing Premium RGB 140 Fans

Other components of note:
- i9 7940x
- 2x Titan Xp
- 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Raid 0
- EK Custom Loop (not yet setup)

Skunkfoo wrote:
I make use of just about every RGB I can in my build and it is buggy as hell!. Some times it works and some times it doesn't and I'm have yet to confirm this or not but it might even be the cause of my computer crashing constantly. No blue screens but a complete hang, videos still on but frozen and no keyboard or mouse input accepted. Aura Version 1.05.18 seems to make it a bit more stable, however, after upgrading to 1.05.18 coincided with the freezing. It would freeze with barely any load and often during startup of various apps configured to run on startup.

I must say, when the lights work they look amazing, but whats a good looking $13,000+ PC if you cant use it.

- Rampage VI Extreme
- ASUS SLI bridge

Non Aura RGB

- i9 7940x
- 2x Titan Xp

Trying to get you the latest version of Aura. FWIW, if you're using other vendor RGB control software, it may interfere with Aura. See if you still get freezes if you use Aura on its own. If you do, uninstall all RGB related software, and see if the system still freezes. If it does, then its not related to the software.

Skunkfoo wrote:

- Rampage VI Extreme
- ASUS SLI bridge

Non Aura RGB

- i9 7940x
- 2x Titan Xp

You can download the latest v1.05.25 version of AURA here - the newest version will be updated very soon on the X299 pages, so you can use the link for now.

This new version solve some of the stability issues that were caused previously.

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
You can download the latest v1.05.25 version of AURA here - the newest version will be updated very soon on the X299 pages, so you can use the link for now.

This new version solve some of the stability issues that were caused previously.

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Definitely a better GUI and easier to use but still a long way to go. Settings get lost after a few reboots but I am happy if there is a least one or 2 guys at ASUS working on it.:D

JustinThyme
Level 13
Works fine for me If I leave the graphics cards out of the equation. This has always been an issue for me on multiple platforms. Sometimes it loads right, sometimes not at all, sometime a reboot etc etc etc etc etc.............
I like the default profile on the board and intend on leaving that and hoping my light strips will tie into it with no issue. Im pulling the blocks and backs off the graphics cards as they never work in conjuction correctly and there are already enough zones going on, the two rog logos wont be missed.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Brighttail
Level 11
Sadly I feel that this software was never fully fleshed out. When you consider all the various components the software is trying to sync up, many OUTSIDE of Asus' control it is amazing that anything more than 2-3 syncing up happens.

- Motherboard
- Asus Keyboard
- Asus Mouse
- Asus GPU

All then has to work with:
- CPU coolers or monoblocks
- RGB RAM be it Corsair/G.skill
- RGB LEDs via headers
- Fans...

Add in there that in order to run some of these RGB third party devices like the Fans/Ram all have their own software which may not play nicely with Aura.... Lots of coding and crap. 😕
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

JustinThyme
Level 13
Still patchy. Have next to nothing on it have issues. I went through the list just to see different effects and most failed. It overrides the armory software for the core keyboard and spatha even though I don't have them linked. Without fail if I make any change I have to go back to armory and put the mouse and keyboard back to where it was. Whats more is that changes it does make to them do not reflect what is going on in the Aura, not even remotely close.

What I have on it
RVIE
ASUS SLI bridge
EKWB monoblock
1 60cm bitfenix RGB strip.

Once I leave the default to get back to it I have to unplug everything leaving only the MOBO, reboot, change it back to default, shut down, reconnect the other devices then boot. Otherwise any change goes to red and stays there.

Im not understanding how software that has been out for so long can still be in the state of disrepair it is. Whats sad is I can install a NZXT controller and the cam software and it runs everything perfectly except of course the MOBO. Is this a software or hardware problem? Maybe cheat and reverse engineer another controller and incorporate that into the MOBO builds or have a look at their software to see what it is they are doing right. This is not an isolated incident. This is 3 different boards all failing in the RGB dept. Basically Im stuck with messing with it until I find something that is acceptable then remember the sequence it took to get there as often as soon as the machine is restarted Ill have to run the sequence again.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein