cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth to clean install asus rog than format with bloatware?!? Anyone tried it?

Fataleyez
Level 7
I really want to know if it really worth it like it can improve performance and solve a bug on ASUS ROG installed bloatware or something else that have a problem with the system like the CPU and GPU will like randomly increase and decrease the clock by itself when it was idle, yeah is it worth it to clean install?

Arigatou Gozaimasu 😄
Thanks for reading :cool:
13 REPLIES 13

haihane
Level 13
Your lack of punctuation is... i must fix dis.

"correction attempt #1" wrote:
I really want to know if it really worth it,
(what, clean install then format it with bloatware?!)

like it can improve performance ? (how the heck does this improve performance? you take out the trash out of your room, then you put trash back into your room. your room was first cleaned, then UN-cleaned)!

and solve a bug on ASUS ROG installed bloatware (what bug? referral link please)

or something else that have a problem with the system like the CPU and GPU will like randomly increase and decrease the clock by itself when it was idle, yeah is it worth it to clean install?
(i kinda gave up trying to understand this, for the fear of my sanity going to the point of no return)

Arigatou Gozaimasu 😄
Thanks for reading :cool:

you'll have an earful about Spaces, Dots, Commas, and most importantly ENTER KEY, if i was your teacher.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
(what, clean install then format it with bloatware?!)

Its not THEN it's THAN, read the title carefully ty 😉

Korth
Level 14
I also would've responded. But I couldn't parse the convoluted wording, syntax, and meaning.

Bad translation, I think. Sorry, don't understand. Please restate the question?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I also would've responded. But I couldn't parse the convoluted wording, syntax, and meaning.

Bad translation, I think. Sorry, don't understand. Please restate the question?

Very Sorry, but can you just answer my title question? ty.

mkz168
Level 7
Ignore them, this is a tech forum, not your English class...

Back to the question now.

With the default format there is one major problem that made my game unplayable, and it’s all due to the Gaming Center that keeps my CPU and GPU at a extreme setting which cause lag spikes every few seconds! The only solution for me without any other 3rd party apps to fix this issue is to clean install Windows, which will 100% fix this problem!

Reminder: if you have the SSD as your main bootable drive to put your OS on, then you might wanted to grab a SSD driver from Intel’s website before clean install, or the motherboard might not see the drive! GL

Have you got any problems when you attempt to clean install?

haihane
Level 13
说我英文烂的操你妈 <- touche.

i'll pay your mom a visit to find out what she smells like.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Generally speaking I no longer do a clean install unless there is no other way. Simply uninstall any Asus programs you don't think you need. If you find you did need one of them you'll find all in your eSuppot folder. If you do a clean install be sure you copy that eSupport folder don't lose it there drivers that that you find anywhere else. As mention earlier have your IRST Raid driver ready you'll have to F6 install it for your install media to see the SSD. Here is how to do the clean install https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way...
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
On a laptop I always discourage clean installs. If you read around a bit in this section of the forum one thing you will see a lot of, people with problems AFTER they did a so called "clean install" I haven't counted but I would venture so say this is probably the most posted problem from fixing something that wasn't broken.

Bloatware is minimal and can be uninstalled in 5 mins or less with Ccleaner.
Gaming center is actually crucial to getting the max clocks out of your rig and is model dependent. On a G752 series no gaming center and you miss out on higher clocks that are available and can only be activated in the gaming center.

If you cant avoid the temptaion.....
Always have the IRST drivers ready
Always save the eSupport folder that has all your drivers and software as some of it is not replaceable online.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein