cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z270e front panel audio issues

jtk1014
Level 7
I built this pc about a month ago and have been having issues with the front panel audio. It will work fine for a period of time, and then randomly stop recognizing any audio peripherals and switch to realtek digital output, which has nothing plugged into it. When realtek digital output is disabled, it will eventually just say no speakers or headphones are plugged in. It will then often begin to say that I am unplugging/plugging in my headphones and then sometimes falsely detect a mic instead of headphones. When I switch to AC97 from HD Audio in Supreme FX, it functions normally. The rear audio works fine as well. Many times unplugging and plugging my headset back in will fix it for a while. After I've left my pc off for a day or so and turn it back on, this is almost always happening right at startup. I have tried multiple clean installs of windows, different realtek driver versions, and generic windows drivers. BIOS is up to date. The HD audio cable is securely connected both at the board and to the front panel. Does this seem like a hardware or software problem? Has anyone else experienced similar issues? I would really appreciate any advice.

Windows 10 64-bit
Asus Z270E Strix motherboard
Asus 1080 Ti Strix OC
i7-7700k
16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (2 x 😎
Fractal Design Meshify C case
1 REPLY 1

Korth
Level 14
Maybe jack detection or "Sonic SenseAmp" aren't working properly. If it's a mechanical sensor/switch device inside the jack (like those in older iPhones) then it might be jammed.

What is the impedance of your speakers/headphones?

Is the physical connector - either at the input jack or at the motherboard header - not getting good electrical connection? Resecure any loose or wiggly connections, remove any dirt and debris with tweezers, clean fingerprint oils/etc with an electrical contact cleaner.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]