Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Question Threadripper NVMe RAID - Is a BIOS update required?

AMD recently released windows drivers to support MVMe RAID arrays on Threadripper. They state that a motherboard bios update may be required first. So I have been watching for an ASUS download but nothing has been posted to date since mid August for the ROG Zenith Extreme.

Some threads appear to indicate that the RAID settings will magically appear if you set the right combination of UEFI boot settings. Can someone confirm if that is the case, or if we are waiting for a bios update from ASUS?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RaskTreve View Post
    AMD recently released windows drivers to support MVMe RAID arrays on Threadripper. They state that a motherboard bios update may be required first. So I have been watching for an ASUS download but nothing has been posted to date since mid August for the ROG Zenith Extreme.

Some threads appear to indicate that the RAID settings will magically appear if you set the right combination of UEFI boot settings. Can someone confirm if that is the case, or if we are waiting for a bios update from ASUS?

I am using 0801 for my NVMe RAID after you turn on the NVMe raid option you also need to do the following:

"To enable RAID Expert in the BIOS you have to enable CSM mode in Advanced/Boot .
    Then you have to make sure all the options below are set to UEFI Only, save settings then reboot back into bios.

Then you should see RAID expert at the bottom of the Advanced menu."

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vsimone67 View Post
    I am using 0801 for my NVMe RAID after you turn on the NVMe raid option you also need to do the following:

"To enable RAID Expert in the BIOS you have to enable CSM mode in Advanced/Boot .
    Then you have to make sure all the options below are set to UEFI Only, save settings then reboot back into bios.

Then you should see RAID expert at the bottom of the Advanced menu."
    Thank you for your reply, vsimone67.
    Unfortunately, I have still not been able to get the RaidExpert options to appear at the bottom of the Advanced menu.

In the boot menu I set the following:
    Launch CSM: Enabled
    Boot Device Control: UEFI Only
    Boot from Network Devices: UEFI Driver First*
    Boot from Storage Devices: UEFI Driver First*
    Boot from PCI-E Expansion Devices: UEFI Driver First*

*This was the only UEFI setting available

Even after setting the above and rebooting a couple times, the RAIDExpert does not appear anywhere in the Advanced tab. I tried changing the Sata Configuration from AHCI to RAID but that did not cause any additional settings to appear either.

Anyone have any ideas?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thank you for your reply, vsimone67.
    Unfortunately, I have still not been able to get the RaidExpert options to appear at the bottom of the Advanced menu.

In the boot menu I set the following:
    Launch CSM: Enabled
    Boot Device Control: UEFI Only
    Boot from Network Devices: UEFI Driver First*
    Boot from Storage Devices: UEFI Driver First*
    Boot from PCI-E Expansion Devices: UEFI Driver First*

*This was the only UEFI setting available

Even after setting the above and rebooting a couple times, the RAIDExpert does not appear anywhere in the Advanced tab. I tried changing the Sata Configuration from AHCI to RAID but that did not cause any additional settings to appear either.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Did you go to in the AMD PBS and turn NVMe RAID on?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vsimone67 View Post
    Did you go to in the AMD PBS and turn NVMe RAID on?
    Enabled Enumerate all IOMMU in IVRS under Advanced \AMD PBS and now the RaidXpert Configuration appears.

However, nowhere in the raid configuration can I get the MVMe drives to appear so that I can create an array! Thoughts? *

ROG Enthusiast Array

Enabled Enumerate all IOMMU in IVRS under Advanced \AMD PBS and now the RaidXpert Configuration appears.

However, nowhere in the raid configuration can I get the MVMe drives to appear so that I can create an array! Thoughts? *
    What BIOS version are you using? You should be using 0801 and did you enable NVMe RIAD on AMD PBS?