Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

check

check the psu if its modular in the side of psu...maybe the half of 24pin is not in...this problem is ram problem...find some other ram stick to test it..

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by eviqine View Post
    check the psu if its modular in the side of psu...maybe the half of 24pin is not in...this problem is ram problem...find some other ram stick to test it..
    the PSU was behaving normally when I tested it. I don't think it's the ram because even when I booted up the setup without RAM at all I still couldn't get any beep codes.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

PSU tested okay.

Doesn't display DRAM Q-LED. Won't boot with RAM, won't boot without RAM. So you don't actually know the RAM is good (yet) but you know it's not the real problem.

Doesn't display CPU Q-LED. If the mobo worked but had a CPU fault then this would be lit. So again, you don't actually know it's a good CPU (yet) but you know it's not the real problem.

All that's left is the motherboard. And it won't even light BOOT Q-LED to indicate it's started a bootloader. Power flowing through some circuits but no logic is actually running and clocking and processing. Haven't heard a peep from that speaker, not even the soothing little boot chirp, not a good sign.

Have you carefully inspected the entire motherboard, every component, every solder point, every trace, both sides? Do any cracks in the PCB become evident when you flex the board ever-so-slightly? Are those BIOS DIP chips pushed firmly into their sockets? Any plugs/receptacles/sockets not firmly secured?

You could try reinstalling your CPU. Possibly bent pins or debris or bad electrical contact or whatever. But I don't think this would accomplish anything since a bad CPU mount should still at least produce preboot and POST halts, Q-LED faults, annoying beeps, etc.

You could test this motherboard with different (known to work) PSU and CPU to determine if the mobo has failed.

You have power on USB keyboard and you have a speaker, does pressing lots of keys on USB keyboard eventually produce error beeps? If not then there's probably a serious problem in motherboard hardware/firmware (or a serious problem with the speaker!). Certainly a serious problem if interrupts generated by a PS/2 keyboard aren't being recognized (if you have a PS/2 keyboard available to test).

You have power on USB ports. You could try a USB Flashback recovery to fix a bricked BIOS. Have another machine with working internet handy, you may need to refer to vids or screenshots if working "blind" without a monitor. Not much to lose once you've exhausted all other options on a dead system.

Probably wouldn't hurt to apply for RMA ticket right away. If you can somehow get the system working then you can cancel the RMA, if you can't get it working then that's fewer days delay before you have a working system.
    Returning/exchanging it at your vendor is preferred to an ASUS RMA, if it's still an option.
    Last edited by Korth; 10-16-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

New ROGer Array

I've gone ahead and RMAd the board, awaiting a replacement.

Thanks for your help.*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2