cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Skunkfoo
Level 7
Has anyone been able to connect Bluetooth devices to their Rampage VI Extreme yet?

I have an 808 Bluetooth speaker and Apple Airpods headphones that connect to my Rampage IV Black with no issues (just add device and pair).

I tried the same on my new Rampage VI Extreme and all I get is "Add a device, Make sure your device is turned on..."

I'd like to know if I have to RMA the board or not before I start implementing the custom water loop.
9 REPLIES 9

broncogr
Level 10
Have you installed the WiFi antenna?
Should be needed for Bluetooth connectivity

broncogr wrote:

You are a life saver! Unless I missed it, I didn't see anywhere in the Mobo Manual that the antennas are needed for Bluetooth.

broncogr wrote:

Yes I had no BT with antenna not connected and searched the manual and it was not mentioned. Works great now!:confused:

Guess I just don't understand the connection between BT and 802.11 wifi.

smithkid wrote:
Yes I had no BT with antenna not connected and searched the manual and it was not mentioned. Works great now!:confused:

Guess I just don't understand the connection between BT and 802.11 wifi.

After 2 weeks my BT has stopped working. Had a keyboard, mouse and earphones all working and now none. Have tried everything including reloading drivers but nothing!!!!????:mad:

smithkid wrote:
After 2 weeks my BT has stopped working. Had a keyboard, mouse and earphones all working and now none. Have tried everything including reloading drivers but nothing!!!!????:mad:

is the BT radio showing up in device manager. I’m using mine here and there for a mouse when my spatha battery dies because I forgot to put it in its cradle (shortest battery life of any mouse in history!!)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
is the BT radio showing up in device manager. I’m using mine here and there for a mouse when my spatha battery dies because I forgot to put it in its cradle (shortest battery life of any mouse in history!!)

Here is a snip of my device manager.

I have since removed all drivers (including hidden) and reinstalled drivers (ASUS ones). Error is "BT hardware not found". I have both aerials attached.

Reinstalled Windows and that got it working.

smithkid wrote:
Here is a snip of my device manager.

I have since removed all drivers (including hidden) and reinstalled drivers (ASUS ones). Error is "BT hardware not found". I have both aerials attached.

Reinstalled Windows and that got it working.

What is that in the Bluetooth list? I don't have that MOMENTUM M2 thing. Is that some card you added? Perhaps that was messing your Bluetooth up.

Skunkfoo wrote:
What is that in the Bluetooth list? I don't have that MOMENTUM M2 thing. Is that some card you added? Perhaps that was messing your Bluetooth up.

Momentum is just a pair of Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones 😉 Got one myself.:D

Totaly did not see that comming. That you needed the installation of the WiFi antenna to get Bluetooth up and running.
But now my Sony works like a charm 😄