cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G20CI M.2 issues

a0R86
Level 7
I suspect that my M.2 drive is making a fuzz. It's the SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (512 GB)

1. When a download is in progress (for example blizzard update), the whole system gets laggy, even though I limit the downloadspeed to 1mb/s. Instantly, when I pause the download, all works fine again.

2. My startmenu stops working about 20-30 mins after boot. I have to restart explorer in order to browse in the start menu. I initially thought that it was the OS that was faulty installed, so I did a full recover, problem is still present....

3. In some heavy HDD load, the sound stutter and sometimes you can hear some static sounds in short periods.

Have some of you had the same issues?
2 REPLIES 2

chilinmichael
Level 10
Check for firmware updates (Bios and disk)

When you did a full recover, did you recover it back to the state with the Asus bloatware? There's an option in Windows 10 to go to stock Windows 10 and remove the extras, I'd try that though none of this sounds right, before sending your unit in for repair.

Have you called Asus tech support and explained the issue?
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

I didnt know that you could install pure win 10. Will definitely try that.

I have already sent the device back to the supplier twice, not going to do that again.....