cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Update / Driver Guide for New Owner?

billkarpetas
Level 7
Hey guys Iv had a bad experience with this laptop, this first one i bought turned out to have hardware issues, I returned it and got a brand new one that will be shipped to my house in the next couple of days ( lets hope its all good ).

What I wanted to know is a nice and simple guide because im new to the gaming laptop scene and Im not that familiar with how to update my bios and other drivers.

So what is the first thing I do when I get my laptop when it comes to windows updates / asus updates / drivers etc...

My specs are : ASUS G752VS Standard - i7-6700 / 16GB Ram / 1TB HD - No SSD / GTX 1070 8GB /.

Any info would be great!

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
First off Asus drivers are found in two places, most important is your eSupport folder its on the root of your SSD. Back up this folder some of the software there is not available anywhere else. The other is Asus Support Downloads.
Turn off WU temporarily
Turn off driver updates from WU permanently
Update all your drivers and look in Device manager to see what versions they are.
When depending on what version of windows 10 you have you may want to download from MS MCT and create a USB install media and run an upgrade Install this will update windows to the latest version.
This will be the case since as of Oct 17 window will be at ver 1709 we are currently at 1703 so after the 17th the install media will have all the latest WU in one fell swoop. This will probably over write your hardware drivers so you'll have to reinstall them and insure that driver updates are turned off in WU.
Turn off fast start up in your power profile
turn off fast boot in your BIOS You don't need either since you OS is on a SSD. and you'll prevent lots of issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Should I download every driver that is on the asus website? If no which ones are the most important?

That would be up to you, you don't have to update any of them. look in your BIOS first see if you have the latest. If Not download it the extract the Zip file directly to the root of a USB Thumb Drive. Update your BIOS from with In the BIOS its self. then Chipset driver,
Gps3xd has a pretty good list of drivers and the order he upgrades them in, in this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way... The latest NVidia drivers are not always the best, I usually watch the forum to see how they are working out for other before updating them.
Another tip I would give you it disable WU driver updates. You notebook needs drivers that are Asus approved upgrade beyond after you see on here several other are doing so with out issues. You don't want windows updating your hardware drivers. You can prevent indivual wu by using show/Hide too.
You can turn off WU driver updates
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro