New ROGer Array

Question Asus Strix Raid DLX Bass Clipping?

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but for some reason, very bass heavy sounds, like say, in most of Silent Hill 2, or the short opening beat when you launch Skyrim, those sounds cause clipping. I tried updating my drivers, and my old onboard sound doesn't have that issue, it plays those heavy bass sounds just fine.

Also for the record I'm using absolutely zero audio enhancements, nothing from the Sonic Studio Software, nothing in Windows, etc. This seems to happen at all frequencies and bit depths as well, same for volume levels. Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ROG's Avatar

Hello xSonic521x
    Do you have a sample of this clipping sound that you are referring to?
    Any custom settings on the sonic studio? Have you tried updating\reinstalling firmware or drivers?
    Are you experiencing this with headset or speaker sound system? Have you tried other audio output devices?
    Thank you

New ROGer Array

I do have a clip yes, here you are. https://clyp.it/m5tp03oi

All custom audio enhancements in Sonic Studio are turned off, I have updated to the latest driver. As for Firmware for the card itself, I couldn't find any, just for the box that comes with it, but I don't use that.

This does happen regardless of headphone or speaker ports. I have a few speakers and headphones myself, all have the same problem. Plus if the clipping can be recorded and if I stream and people complain about hearing it as well, I don't think it's the devices that are outputting the signal.
    Last edited by xSonic521x; 10-21-2017 at 06:39 AM.