Power SupplyCorsair HXi Series HX1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K70RGB MXRed
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Audio Technica ATH50x
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 4G-N12 N300

Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    I have ASUS H170 PRO GAMING motherboard with Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module installed. When I try to upgrade the firmware, I get:

Infineon Technologies AG TPMFactoryUpd Version 01.01.2212.00
    [2018-01-21 18:28:29.840]
    Error: open "TVicPort"-Driver failed !!!
    Error initializing LowLevelIO: 0xE0295200
    Error detected:
    Final code: 0xE0295200
    Final message: No connection to the TPM or TPM not found.
    Module: ..\Common\DeviceManagement.c; Function: DeviceManagement_Connect; Line: 340
    Code: 0xE0295200

I have copied all files from "...\Tools\WinPE\Bin\x64\" to the "...\Firmware\" directory. And used "TPMFactoryUpd.exe -update config-file -config TPM20_latest.cfg" command in CMD (executed as administrator).

Anyone else is having this problem?
    I am having this exact same problem, have the 14-1 pin asus tpm and disabled tpm in bios in the motherboard (asus hero x ac). I think I will try switching from discreet tpm to intel ptt in the bios and keep you updated if that helps.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

New ROGer Array

How to update Asus TPM Firmware

I made a profile here a few days ago but couldn't post. Here is how you can update the TPM firmware, using Asus's files.

The Asus firmware files do update the TPM to 5.63. Be aware that there are two different firmware files. One to update from 5.61 to 5.63, and another to update from 5.51 to 5.63. Be sure you grab the correct file from Asus's website or you won't be able to update the firmware. I updated from 5.51 to 5.63.

Be sure to disable Bitlocker in windows, and allow for the drives to decrypt before flashing the TPM firmware. In order to do this, you will be booting from a USB stick, which is why you have to turn off certain features in the BIOS. Just follow the instructions provided by Asus. I put the EFI and Tools folder in the root directory of my thumb drive, and I made sure my thumb drive was formatted FAT32. I put the EFI folder in the root directory, not the TPM.... folder because this is what I am used to in getting something to boot from a stick, but you may be able to put the TPM... folder in the root directory as well. It took a few boots, but then I booted into the provided EFI Shell. Once it boots into the shell, you only have a few seconds to press any key so that it stays in the shell.

Now this is where the Asus instructions are severely lacking.

The instructions tell you to go to fs0 and work from there, but the USB stick may not be assigned to fs0, I think mine was assigned to fs4 or fs5. So here is what you do. Key in fs0: then hit enter. Then Key in DIR and hit enter. This will list the folders and files in fs0. If this looks like your thumb drive, great, otherwise Key in fs1: and hit enter. Repeat the DIR, etc. and continue until you find which fs number is your thumb drive.

Now that you are on your thumb drive you need to navigate to the x64 directory. To do that you look at the folders in your directory. So for me I had to do cd Tools then hit enter. This puts you in the Tools folder. Then continue with cd UEFI etc. I like to do this one folder at a time, but you can do more if you are comfortable with it. Once you are in the x64 folder, you will need to type the long command TPMFactoryUpd -update tpm20-emptyplatformauth -firmware
    TPM20_5.61.2785.0_to_TPM20_5.63.3144.0.BIN and press enter. (The instructions are missing a T, but I added it here. Be aware that if you are updating from TPM5.51 then instead of copying that command directly, do a DIR and you will see a file called TPM20_5.51... You will need to type this in place of the listed BIN file in that command. After hitting enter you will see a message showing you the status, and hopefully it will say successfully updated. I did get some kind of error message after the firmware update messages, but when I got back into the BIOS I could see that the firmware has successfully updated to 5.63, so I don't know what that was all about.

Proceed at your own risk.

ROG Junior Member Array jediroller PC Specs
    jediroller PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Microsoft Surface 4
    MotherboardAsus Hero X (AC)
    ProcessorIntel 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA FTW3 GTX1080TI
    Sound CardCreative ZX
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe M.2 EVO 500GB
    Storage #28TB Storage
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115I
    CaseEnthoo Evolv Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair HXi Series HX1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K70RGB MXRed
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Audio Technica ATH50x
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 4G-N12 N300

Finally my TPM is updated to the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFlame9 View Post
    I made a profile here a few days ago but couldn't post. Here is how you can update the TPM firmware, using Asus's files.

The Asus firmware files do update the TPM to 5.63. Be aware that there are two different firmware files. One to update from 5.61 to 5.63, and another to update from 5.51 to 5.63. Be sure you grab the correct file from Asus's website or you won't be able to update the firmware. I updated from 5.51 to 5.63.

Be sure to disable Bitlocker in windows, and allow for the drives to decrypt before flashing the TPM firmware. In order to do this, you will be booting from a USB stick, which is why you have to turn off certain features in the BIOS. Just follow the instructions provided by Asus. I put the EFI and Tools folder in the root directory of my thumb drive, and I made sure my thumb drive was formatted FAT32. I put the EFI folder in the root directory, not the TPM.... folder because this is what I am used to in getting something to boot from a stick, but you may be able to put the TPM... folder in the root directory as well. It took a few boots, but then I booted into the provided EFI Shell. Once it boots into the shell, you only have a few seconds to press any key so that it stays in the shell.

Now this is where the Asus instructions are severely lacking.

The instructions tell you to go to fs0 and work from there, but the USB stick may not be assigned to fs0, I think mine was assigned to fs4 or fs5. So here is what you do. Key in fs0: then hit enter. Then Key in DIR and hit enter. This will list the folders and files in fs0. If this looks like your thumb drive, great, otherwise Key in fs1: and hit enter. Repeat the DIR, etc. and continue until you find which fs number is your thumb drive.

Now that you are on your thumb drive you need to navigate to the x64 directory. To do that you look at the folders in your directory. So for me I had to do cd Tools then hit enter. This puts you in the Tools folder. Then continue with cd UEFI etc. I like to do this one folder at a time, but you can do more if you are comfortable with it. Once you are in the x64 folder, you will need to type the long command TPMFactoryUpd -update tpm20-emptyplatformauth -firmware
    TPM20_5.61.2785.0_to_TPM20_5.63.3144.0.BIN and press enter. (The instructions are missing a T, but I added it here. Be aware that if you are updating from TPM5.51 then instead of copying that command directly, do a DIR and you will see a file called TPM20_5.51... You will need to type this in place of the listed BIN file in that command. After hitting enter you will see a message showing you the status, and hopefully it will say successfully updated. I did get some kind of error message after the firmware update messages, but when I got back into the BIOS I could see that the firmware has successfully updated to 5.63, so I don't know what that was all about.

Proceed at your own risk.
    Okay so I decided to give it another go this evening after your instructions gave me hope..

I had to obviously turn off all drives using bitlocker in windows, restart and in my bios disable my tpm chip completely (Asus Hero X (AC)) and then turn off secure boot so I could then boot directly via uefi to the usb drive which was pretty easy for me to find the right directory as you explained can be tricky (not always fs0. I had previously moved the files in windows to the root directory of the flash as suggested to make this step easier having to browse down the directory path, then I finally was able to run the command which gave me the following results..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12S...-rrKPgnpcLhUFG

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qe...r-BnmgnGB6QcKB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gQ...bDvmBI60ypRvH9

I think I got the same weird error at the end of the flash like you experienced, but after going into bios and turning everything on again and booting into windows it showed it had updated.

HUGE THANKS!! I have no idea how you worked all this out by yourself, thanks for such clear instructions. Hopefully this all can help other people as well.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rasmorthil View Post
    In case it is helpful to someone, I found a way to update my Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module to the latest 5.62.3126.0 firmware (previously the TPM had the 5.61.2785.0 firmware with the vulnerability).

Supermicro (a great server company) sells Infineon-based TPMs - e.g., see http://supermicro.com/products/acces...-TPM-9665V.cfm. Unlike Asus () Supermicro has issued the latest firmware security updates for their Infineon TPM modules. Their update packages appear to be general Infineon updates, so I figured it'd be worth a try to update my Asus module using one.

Note that you should only attempt this sort of update if you know what you are doing!! If you aren't adept at the command line or if this is all new to you, then DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. YOU CAN LOSE DATA IF YOU ARE USING BITLOCKER, etc.!!!

I'll explain what I did and if you want to try with your system/TPM module you will need to adapt as appropriate for your system.

1. You can find TPM update packages by browsing to ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/TPM/. In my case I looked at the various firmwares included, and the "9665FW update package_1.1.zip" bundle contained firmware that matched my Asus TPM. So be sure to pick the right update bundle for your TPM (?).

2. I completely turned OFF and disable Bitlocker and Windows Hello. You must decrypt your drive so that the TPM is NOT in use!

3. I ran "tpm.msc" and executed the "Clear TPM..." option in Action. This rebooted the machine and the Asus BIOS had me press F12 to clear the TPM.

4. After rebooting again, I then booted into the BIOS and turned the TPM completely OFF in the BIOS settings. You must completely disable Windows' use of the TPM in order to update the firmware.

5. I booted back into Windows, and extracted the firmware update package bundle. For ease of operation I then copied the Windows update executable from the "...\Tools\WinPE\Bin\x64\" directory into the "...\Firmware\" directory.

6. I then ran an Administrator command prompt, and changed to the "...\Firmware\" directory. Then I ran "TPMFactoryUpd.exe -update config-file -config TPM20_latest.cfg". The updater detected my TPM, and flash updated to the latest firmware in the bundle. Again, if you try this your command line may need to be different (use "TPMFactoryUpd.exe -?" for command line help with the tool).

Attachment 70491

7. Then I rebooted back to the BIOS, turned the TPM back on, and re-enabled everything, and "tpm.msc" shows that my Asus TPM has been updated and no longer has the vulnerability.

Attachment 70492

Note that the update bundle also includes a UEFI updater that you can run from the BIOS, but I didn't bother doing that because I didn't have time to figure it out.

Anyway I hope this is helpful to others!
    I don't actually use the darn TPM and have no real clue what its for, I think only Windows Pro can make use of it correct? Anyways I followed your instructions here and it worked! Congrats!

I just did this to update to 5.63 thanks guys!
    Last edited by waitandhope123; 06-17-2018 at 04:42 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Recently (mid April) received an Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin module from Newegg via a 3rd party seller (hotdeals4less). It arrived with the 5.63 firmware. Odd that Asus is manufacturing/selling TPMs with the update, yet aren't making it available to customers who have already purchased it. Been a loyal Asus customer for over a decade, but a bit disappointed at what I'm seeing here

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shibz View Post
    Recently (mid April) received an Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin module from Newegg via a 3rd party seller (hotdeals4less). It arrived with the 5.63 firmware. Odd that Asus is manufacturing/selling TPMs with the update, yet aren't making it available to customers who have already purchased it. Been a loyal Asus customer for over a decade, but a bit disappointed at what I'm seeing here
    Well that fellow did post the link somewhere in here, they eventually did create a TPM update of their own here https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Acc...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Only thing is why didn't they do it before and make it easier to find LOL

ROG Member Array

Update not working

Hi guys,

I have the following issue: I have an ASUS TPM 2.0 with firmware 5.51.2098.0. I tried to update it with the TPM20_5.61.2785.0_to_TPM20_5.63.3144.0.BIN provided by ASUS (I will never download any other firmware for a security device from 3rd party servers), so if the update is 5.62, then it is like that.

However, the problem is that the update is not applied at all. The updater says the file is not valid for my device. Log looks like that, if it might help:
    Infineon Technologies AG TPMFactoryUpd Version 01.02.2570.00
    [2018-07-21 01:01:03]

Error detected:
    Final code: 0xE0295504
    Final message: The firmware image cannot be used to update the TPM.
    Module: c:\jenkins\workspace\ifxtpmupdate_uefi_msvc_ci_316 6\uefiworkspace\TPMFactoryUpdPkg\TPMFactoryUpd\Com mandFlow_TpmUpdate.c; Function: CommandFlow_TpmUpdate_IsTpmUpdatableWithFirmware; Line: 143
    Code: 0xE0295504
    Message: The provided firmware image is not valid for the TPM. (0xE0295504)
    Can someone help me? I followed this guide:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...QSG_V2_web.pdf

New ROGer Array

TPM does not work anyhow

hi.

got the same error - any suggestions, why the TPM module (2 times, yes i already bought a new one) is not be usable for me? Either Windows nor UEFI Detects any TPM-State for the Module, so there is any possibility to use TPM with Windows 10 Pro. I thought the update may make it run... now the update don´t work either.

tpm.msc does not find any TPM module

BOARD: Asus Gaming 970 Pro Aura
    AMD-FX 8350
    ASUS TPM-M 14-1 2.0

Infineon Technologies AG TPMFactoryUpd Version 01.02.2570.00
    [2018-07-21 01:01:03]

Error detected:
    Final code: 0xE0295504
    Final message: The firmware image cannot be used to update the TPM.
    Module: c:\jenkins\workspace\ifxtpmupdate_uefi_msvc_ci_316 6\uefiworkspace\TPMFactoryUpdPkg\TPMFactoryUpd\Com mandFlow_TpmUpdate.c; Function: CommandFlow_TpmUpdate_IsTpmUpdatableWithFirmware; Line: 143
    Code: 0xE0295504
    Message: The provided firmware image is not valid for the TPM. (0xE0295504)

New ROGer Array

TPM 2.0 firmware 5.63.3353

My Asus 20-1 pin TPM module came with very new TPM 2.0 firmware 5.63.3353. I need to downgrade it to TPM 1.2 to use it in an older motherboard. The Supermicro zip file version 1.5 only goes up to 5.63.3114. Does anyone happen to have a way to downgrade to 4.x (=TPM 1.2) from 5.63.3353?

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the advice on updating the TPM firmware. I'd previously given up and took it out some time ago.

I did the update last night and it looks ok in Device Manager.

Here's my TPM Device Information, which also looks ok to me -

-TPM Present: True
    -TPM Version: 2.0
    -TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX
    -TPM Manufacturer Version: 5.63.3144.0
    -PPI Spec Version: 1.2
    -Ready For Storage: True
    -Ready For Attestation: True
    -Information Flags: 0x00000000
    -Is Capable For Attestation: True
    -Clear Needed To Recover: False
    -TPM Has Vulnerable FW: False
    -PCR7 Binding State: 0
    -TPM Spec Version 116
    -TPM Errata Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
    -PC Client Version: 256

However, I see 'Standard hardware security not supported' under Security processor in the Device security window.

There are no mentions of issues in the event log.

It also looks ok in TPM Management (tpm.msc) but Prepare the TPM is greyed out.

Anyone know what's going on here please ?

Thanks

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast