Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    ROG Junior Member Array

So if you have a Dell, HP, Lenovo, Supermicro or IBM system, you get a firmware update and were covered before any of this became public.

If you have an ASUS board or system with a TPM header, you never get an update and have to hack your system into shape with tools and code downloaded from competitor vendor products.

They are leaving this and hanging us all out to dry. ASUS support has proved useless. It was the same with Spectre and Meltdown vulns, which noone can make heads or tales of the changes they made, let alone know how they will affect system performance.

Why have they not fixed something that simply needed a 3rd party's lib file updated, for >12months now?
    Last edited by pl_02; 10-30-2018 at 01:43 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by guho2003 View Post
    My Asus 20-1 pin TPM module came with very new TPM 2.0 firmware 5.63.3353. I need to downgrade it to TPM 1.2 to use it in an older motherboard. The Supermicro zip file version 1.5 only goes up to 5.63.3114. Does anyone happen to have a way to downgrade to 4.x (=TPM 1.2) from 5.63.3353?
    You have a TPM 2.0 compliant chip, not a TPM 1.0 compliant one. AFAIK it won't work in a board with the pinout for the 1.0 TPM. But you could check that by looking at the manual perhaps. You could make a header cable to switch the pins around which people have done to make TPMs from one brand work on another brand's board. May not allow you to use a TPM 2.0 chip on a TPM 1.0 compatible board. But notice that the chips have different hardware on them, so it seems unlikely and trying it may have unexpected outcomes.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by stna1981 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have the following issue: I have an ASUS TPM 2.0 with firmware 5.51.2098.0. I tried to update it with the TPM20_5.61.2785.0_to_TPM20_5.63.3144.0.BIN provided by ASUS (I will never download any other firmware for a security device from 3rd party servers), so if the update is 5.62, then it is like that.

However, the problem is that the update is not applied at all. The updater says the file is not valid for my device. Log looks like that, if it might help:

Can someone help me? I followed this guide:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...QSG_V2_web.pdf

Not sure if you have solved this already, but you are using the wrong BIN file provided by ASUS. You say that your TPM chip has firmware 5.51... then you try to use the 5.61 to 5.63 BIN file. Go back to ASUS and get the 5.51 to 5.63 update file, and try again.

For others having this issue, ASUS does not clarify that you need to get the correct update file, but there are 2 different firmware update files in the download section. You must determine which firmware your TPM module is running currently, and get the proper update file. Then follow my post #102 I believe to get it to work..

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12