cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case fan in AIO pump fan header spinning at full speed ASUS Z270H

Undead345
Level 7
Hi, so I recently finished my build and turned the system on for the first time. I noticed that 1 of my exhaist fans that I've plugged into on the AIO pump fan header on my ASUS Z270H motherboard is spinning at full speed and I am not able to configure it in the BIOS. Is there any way I could solve this or should I just leave it running on full speed? The fan is the NZXT Aer RGB fan btw
2 REPLIES 2

MacLeod77
Level 7
Undead345 wrote:
Hi, so I recently finished my build and turned the system on for the first time. I noticed that 1 of my exhaist fans that I've plugged into on the AIO pump fan header on my ASUS Z270H motherboard is spinning at full speed and I am not able to configure it in the BIOS. Is there any way I could solve this or should I just leave it running on full speed? The fan is the NZXT Aer RGB fan btw

Hi,

I'm assuming that you don't have an AIO cooler that needs plugging into that socket - but if you do.. make sure that's plugged in 1st!

I would recommend that an exhaust fan gets plugged into a CHA fan header is you have one spare.

Your fan is a PWM fan I think (should have 4 pins) and should be set in the BIOS as such. There is a button in the QFan configuration to switch from DC to PWM mode. Then set it to manual mode.

I think the AIO pump header will be set to DC mode by default.

If you switch it to PWM and still can't change the speed in the BIOS, try AI suite (even if you are trying to avoid it, at least it's easy to play with the fan curves). In AI suite, click the Critical Temp check box to unlock control over 75 degrees.

If you ran out of headers and had to use the AIO pump, maybe get a internal fan hub - NZXT sell one, and I have one in my NZXT h440 case, meaning I get upto 5 fans off one header.

Chino
Level 15
Undead345 wrote:

The AIO Pump header always operate at 100% unless you change it. You can control the speed in the BIOS or using Fan Xpert in Windows.