New ROGer Array

Case fan in AIO pump fan header spinning at full speed ASUS Z270H

Hi, so I recently finished my build and turned the system on for the first time. I noticed that 1 of my exhaist fans that I've plugged into on the AIO pump fan header on my ASUS Z270H motherboard is spinning at full speed and I am not able to configure it in the BIOS. Is there any way I could solve this or should I just leave it running on full speed? The fan is the NZXT Aer RGB fan btw

ROG Member Array MacLeod77 PC Specs
    MacLeod77 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z270H
    ProcessorIntel 7700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2B30
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX1080 Gaming G1
    MonitorAcer Predator IPS 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Intel 600p ITB Nvme
    Storage #2Some HDDs
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet Silentcool
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyCorsair 550W
    Mouse Logitech G910 Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Undead345 View Post
    Hi, so I recently finished my build and turned the system on for the first time. I noticed that 1 of my exhaist fans that I've plugged into on the AIO pump fan header on my ASUS Z270H motherboard is spinning at full speed and I am not able to configure it in the BIOS. Is there any way I could solve this or should I just leave it running on full speed? The fan is the NZXT Aer RGB fan btw
    Hi,

I'm assuming that you don't have an AIO cooler that needs plugging into that socket - but if you do.. make sure that's plugged in 1st!

I would recommend that an exhaust fan gets plugged into a CHA fan header is you have one spare.

Your fan is a PWM fan I think (should have 4 pins) and should be set in the BIOS as such. There is a button in the QFan configuration to switch from DC to PWM mode. Then set it to manual mode.

I think the AIO pump header will be set to DC mode by default.

If you switch it to PWM and still can't change the speed in the BIOS, try AI suite (even if you are trying to avoid it, at least it's easy to play with the fan curves). In AI suite, click the Critical Temp check box to unlock control over 75 degrees.

If you ran out of headers and had to use the AIO pump, maybe get a internal fan hub - NZXT sell one, and I have one in my NZXT h440 case, meaning I get upto 5 fans off one header.
    Last edited by MacLeod77; 10-15-2017 at 09:31 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Undead345 View Post
    The AIO Pump header always operate at 100% unless you change it. You can control the speed in the BIOS or using Fan Xpert in Windows.