ROG Junior Member Array

[SOLVED] Wifi adapter no longer reporting drivers?

See the attached image.

I'm seeing an unknown network controller in device manager, and Windows cannot identify any drivers for it. I cannot identify the proper driver on the ASUS website, so I'm here asking if anyone else knows.

The details on the unit are:

Vendor ID: 0x1AE9
    Device ID: 0x0310

When I search those values, they appear to be a Wilocity Wil6200 chip? No details at all though, and this device appeared recently so I'm wondering if the firmware for the chip is flaked out? I have reinstalled the wifi drivers available on the ASUS page for this board, but no change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	network.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	70339

Currently running Windows 10 FCU, clean install.
    Last edited by wmarone; 01-10-2018 at 02:04 AM.

New ROGer Array Kidd232 PC Specs
    Kidd232 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X299 DELUXE
    Processori7 7820X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1070-O8G
    MonitorASUS MG279Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 950 PRO 256G
    Storage #2TOSHIBA 5TB * 3
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H115i
    CaseCORSAIR 450D
    Power SupplyCOOLER MASTER V750
    Keyboard CORSAIR K75 RGB RAPIDFIRE
    Mouse ZOWIE ZA12
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC88U

My X299 Deluxe got same problem before, the solution is removing the power cable for 1 minute, you may try this way!

ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks for the reply, but no luck. Left it powered off for ~2 minutes, still showing up same as above.

ROG Junior Member Array

SOLVED

It's not part of the standard WIFI install, it's under the "See All Downloads" link and marked Beta Version.

If anyone else sees this and gets confused like me: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...70807_Beta.zip

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
    SOLVED

It's not part of the standard WIFI install, it's under the "See All Downloads" link and marked Beta Version.

If anyone else sees this and gets confused like me: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...70807_Beta.zip
    And now nearly a year in, we're still stuck with a beta driver for the 802.11ad hardware. Unfortunately, I am now seeing Windows report Code 52 on the driver, claiming it cannot verify the digital signature. This persists after scrubbing the drivers and reinstalling. A quick comparison of the 802.11ac driver shows that there's no Microsoft signature on the 802.11ad driver, only a Qualcomm signature.

It's about time ASUS dropped release drivers for this hardware.
    Last edited by wmarone; 07-04-2018 at 06:28 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I opened a trouble ticket about a month ago with Asus to try to get them to write an signed driver for the 802.11ad radio. I've been using ethernet since last year, but I've moved to a new place where that's not practical, and I have a Netgear Nighthawk X10 router, so it'd be great if this worked. They first sent me a link to the 802.11ac driver, then told me to disable driver signature enforcement (which resets everytime you restart the computer, and also disables many programs that require it activated.)

It's a shame, because the beta driver, with driver signature enforcement turned off, works fine and provides ~850mbps via fast.com (on a gigabit connection.) But the older driver that I found, that is actually signed, is extremely unreliable and crappy.

They keep saying that my ticket is still being worked, but I'm not very hopeful. It's ridiculous that a flagship, $450 motherboard can't get a driver written for it a year after it's release.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array G75rog PC Specs
    G75rog PC Specs
    MotherboardR VI Apex
    ProcessorI9-7900X
    Memory (part number)64GB Gskill Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII EKWB water block
    Graphics Card #2Waste of PCI lanes in NVME environment
    Sound CardStock
    MonitorLG 34" Ultra Wide3440x1440
    Storage #14ea 960 Pro 2TB, 2ea 970 Evo 2TB
    Storage #21ea 960 Pro 1 TB, 1ea 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB CPU, Swiftech Res/pump, 400mm Rad
    CaseThermaltake View 91
    Power SupplyNZXT Hale 90 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    OS W10 64 1809, 1903, Ubuntu Linux
    Network RouterNetgear R9000 + 4ea R9000 AP's, 10 Gb Switch
    Accessory #1 Hyper M.2 X16 V2
    Accessory #2 10GB network via Intel 550 Nic
    Accessory #3 2 10GB Asustor NAS 7000 series

You could disable the MB Wifi and drop in a pcie Wifi to get you back in operation. Just be sure to buy one with decent drivers...

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by G75rog View Post
    You could disable the MB Wifi and drop in a pcie Wifi to get you back in operation. Just be sure to buy one with decent drivers...
    We're not "out of operation." The motherboard is equipped with both 802.11AD and 802.11AC chipsets. The AC chipset works fine. However, I have gigabit internet at home, and I'd like the included hardware to have a supported driver so I can take full advantage of my internet connection.

Asus has continued to respond to the chain of support emails telling me to download the beta driver from their website, despite my repeated explanations that Windows 10 64-bit will not load unsigned drivers. I strongly suspect that their "L3" technical support doesn't have a strong grasp of the English language.

I've only been buying EVGA video cards for years now due to their outstanding support. I guess this is the last ASUS motherboard I'll ever buy. Absolutely terrible service for a HEDT motherboard.

ROG Junior Member Array

Well I hit the end of the line with Asus. After repeatedly stating that they need to release a signed, non-beta driver I got this:*We apologized based on review of your case our product engineers have indicated that currently there are no updates available as the AD is still in its infancy and we may release an update next year.

So there we go. Maybe they’ll release a working driver 2 years after the motherboard came to market. What a joke. *

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nebor View Post
    Well I hit the end of the line with Asus. After repeatedly stating that they need to release a signed, non-beta driver I got this:*We apologized based on review of your case our product engineers have indicated that currently there are no updates available as the AD is still in its infancy and we may release an update next year.

So there we go. Maybe they’ll release a working driver 2 years after the motherboard came to market. What a joke. *
    Words fail me.?????