Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84
  1. #61
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    133

    From your pics it looks like you didn't remove the old silicon glue from the pcb. You should at least clean the glue from the small pcb part for optimal contact
    That's how I did it with a bit of lapping .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6097.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	557.5 KB 
ID:	71425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6098.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	756.1 KB 
ID:	71426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6100.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	71427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6101.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	996.0 KB 
ID:	71428
    Last edited by CSN7; 02-08-2018 at 07:03 PM.

  2. #62
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    From your pics it looks like you didn't remove the old silicon glue from the pcb. You should at least clean the glue from the small pcb part for optimal contact
    That's how I did it with a bit of lapping .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6097.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	557.5 KB 
ID:	71425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6098.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	756.1 KB 
ID:	71426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6100.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	71427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6101.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	996.0 KB 
ID:	71428
    Yeah,I was afraid that I would damage those small pcb caps/elements... so I left that silicone untouched.Nevertheless,will try again but I doubt I will see any changes.

  3. #63
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    133

    Well could not change anything, but that one core seems to have poor contact. Maybe some more liquid metal would already do the trick.

    Yes it's a bit fiddly around the small transistors/SMDs. Just don't use tools, use you fingernails and take your time and scratch off the big junk. After that take some soft paper with isopropanol for example and give it a couple of wipes and the rest of the glue will come off eventually.

  4. #64
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    Well could not change anything, but that one core seems to have poor contact. Maybe some more liquid metal would already do the trick.

    Yes it's a bit fiddly around the small transistors/SMDs. Just don't use tools, use you fingernails and take your time and scratch off the big junk. After that take some soft paper with isopropanol for example and give it a couple of wipes and the rest of the glue will come off eventually.
    Done it,last night!I scratched off all of the silicone(fingernails ) and put some only on the edges,like a smear.And yes,die was making good contact only in the middle when I removed the IHS.SO I wiped all liquid metal,cleaned IHS,PBC,reapplied LM seal it and this morning on stock freq there were non big core temp differences.Later,when all the bubbles from the loop gets out,will try OC... thanks for the advice
    ----EDITED----
    Bubbles where gone much faster than expected,but this piece of silicone is still a dud or a lemon Still nothing besides stock freq works (which is great for work compared to my previous build but but it would be nice if it could at least be on pair with any threadripper model on stock freq...)
    There is no thermal throttling ,temps are much more equalized across all cores,but won't budge beyond stock :/
    Last edited by Marko911; 02-09-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Update

  5. #65
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Abaidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    259

    Damn that is unfortunate....lack of the draw I guess..

    BTW what waterblock are you using?

  6. #66
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    133

    Oh man I really thought it would help. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles. Getting a 7960X in soon, hoping for a good one, fingers crossed.

  7. #67
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
    Damn that is unfortunate....lack of the draw I guess..

    BTW what waterblock are you using?
    EK Supermacy EVO and I have monoblock for RVIE that I probably won't use,cuz VRM never pass 50-60C on stock settings...(very good heatsink on this mobo)

  8. #68
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    Oh man I really thought it would help. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles. Getting a 7960X in soon, hoping for a good one, fingers crossed.
    That's great CPU,even on stock settings damn 16cores are almost on pair with Threadripper 16core....But,hope you have more luck with OCing it,nevertheless I think it will be awesome workstation . Hey,your advice really did help,I managed to bring that one core temps way down.So I guess,it will have at least prolonged life.

  9. #69
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    133

    Well you mean Threadripper is almost on pair with Intels 16 ... I wouldn't even say almost, Intel still smokes AMD honestly.

    Well we'll see what is possible with my cooling on 16 Cores. Got the 7920X to 5.0-5.3 Ghz depending on the benchmark ofc.

    Glad I could help! But you did the work, so props to you Sir!

  10. #70
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    Well you mean Threadripper is almost on pair with Intels 16 ... I wouldn't even say almost, Intel still smokes AMD honestly.

    Well we'll see what is possible with my cooling on 16 Cores. Got the 7920X to 5.0-5.3 Ghz depending on the benchmark ofc.

    Glad I could help! But you did the work, so props to you Sir!
    hah,yeah if every intel specimen is capable of OC than Intel destroys amd by all means in every aspect.(as my sweet i7 7700k vs ryzen hehe,that was a great chip).Hope your new CPU get great results! Anyway,I always want moooree,moreee Honestly,I should be satisfied with this ...it gets the job done very nicely on motherboard that's way high end for this CPU and it's use(in my case anyway)
    What? 5,2Ghz?wow I think my would explode even by booting in windows
    I'm curious ,what radiators do you use and how many?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •