Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    New ROGer Array

I want more effects and layers and saving and iCue...

If you have a look at my build, you'll notice my reviews on 2 aura products: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/Qv7WGX

The only reason I gave them 4 stars is that the effects weren't up to scratch with my Corsair iCue enabled devices. Please make them have at least SOME of the effects that iCue has! My favourites are Pong and Rain, But also can there at least be effects that can be saved to a library so that you don't have to reconfigure them every time? Layers of effects can be helpful, too- you know what? Just copy iCue. If ASUS AURA can get half the features that iCue has then I'll be forever happy. I'll even support the development, I'll do the betas, just please for the love of RGB, get some effects that are worth the software!
    (I only use the static profiles at this time).
    * *- cbrookhouse
    Last edited by cbrookhouse; 04-10-2019 at 06:09 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Apex & Maximus XI Apex's
    ProcessorI7-7700k & I9-9900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266 & 3200 DC
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk 1080 & ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in for both
    MonitorSamsung 27inch & ASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro & Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerRyuo 240 & Ryujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Black & InWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000w Titanium & ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Corsair K95 & ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G902 & ASUS Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 & ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro all around
    Network RouterLinksys EA 9500
    Accessory #1 Corsair LL / Commander Pro & TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

I think you should do the following:

Aura Sync:
    Work on individual control of installed and/or components identified by Aura Sync - better UI

It's time we see more vibrant addressable color patterns for components identified in Aura Sync as Addressable

Build lighting pattern effects similar to high end rgb products such as fans and strips. ie radar, visor, similar vibrant but fun patterns, etc.

It's time to branch out beyond traditional Aura Sync MB color patterns

Integrate all Aura Sync controls from all of the new products into a consolidated solution. LiveDash Armory Aura Sync all one software solution.

Might sound simple and know it would be a lot of work but it's the right way to compete with other non ASUS product solutions.
    Inwin 909 Black RGB build
    i7-7700k
    ROG Maximus IX Apex
    1080 Sea Hawk
    Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266

InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-9900k
    ROG Maximus XI Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill TridentZ RGB DC 3200 64g

Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

ROG Member Array

I hope in future updates, they can add these:
    [Aura/Armoury] choose the keyboard LED direction of any moving lighting effects.
    [Aura/Armoury] get some of the missing lighting effects from one another.
    [Armoury] choose speed of lighting
    [Aura] customize music sync.

Aura's Starry-Night looks like lightning, and is very different from Armoury's. They should rename Aura's Starry-Night to Lightning, and copy Armoury's version of Starry-Night.

Better yet, they should combine the programs into one. Very frustrating that one can't work with the other. We still need to unsync Mouse/KB from Aura before we can customize with Armoury.

ROG Junior Member Array

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by 1mluer View Post

Aura Sync:
    Work on individual control of installed and/or components identified by Aura Sync - better UI

It's time we see more vibrant addressable color patterns for components identified in Aura Sync as Addressable

Build lighting pattern effects similar to high end rgb products such as fans and strips. ie radar, visor, similar vibrant but fun patterns, etc.

Integrate all Aura Sync controls from all of the new products into a consolidated solution. LiveDash Armory Aura Sync all one software solution.

Might sound simple and know it would be a lot of work but it's the right way to compete with other non ASUS product solutions.
    He's absolutely right. This is what we need ASUS.

New ROGer Array 3dw4rdTm PC Specs
    3dw4rdTm PC Specs
    MotherboardFORMULA XI
    ProcessorINTEL i7 9700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix 1080
    MonitorAsus PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 970 250gb
    Storage #2Samsung 860 1tb
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity DRGB
    CaseCustom PC-TABLE
    Power SupplyRog THOR 1200W
    Keyboard Rog Claymore
    Mouse ROG Spatha 2
    Mouse Pad Rog Balteus QI
    OS Windows 10

1- Possibility to create customiced game profiles (Change AURA color profile depending game).
    2- In rog armoury, possibility of joining layers with different color effects (for example, add reactive key effect over red breathing color layer).

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb More customization

Asus Aura is a nice software when it works. I would love to have more customization to my RGB setup.

I should be able to have a separate RGB for my RAM & VGA instead of sync all.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 1mluer View Post

Aura Sync:

You are spot on. Unfortunately, if you see what development there have been with Aura for the past 2 years in terms of functionality, I think its safe to say that Asus stopped reading this thread a looooooooong time ago....Especially when it comes to aRGB control their competitors overtook them quite awhile ago.
    Its a bit like Asus hasnt picked up on the whole LED->Main accessory for gamers->Focus point when buying->Rog Strix is a premium gaming brand->RGB software have to be premium also->Aura sucks hairy ass->Gamers starts avoiding Rog Strix
    Last edited by jahedegaard; 05-08-2019 at 07:47 PM.

ROG Member Array

how about getting it working , before you add features that wont load up anyways

New ROGer Array zetaekiz PC Specs
    zetaekiz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix Z390 e-Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 9600k
    Memory (part number)HyperX Predator 8gb x2 2933 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix RTX 2060 OC Edition
    MonitorSamsung LC24FG73FQ
    Storage #1Kingston UV500 240 GB
    Storage #2Toshiba P300 1TB 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Masterliquid ml360R RGB
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyCooler Master MWE 750w 80+ Gold
    Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite RGB
    Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Surge
    Headset HyperX Cloud Stinger
    Mouse Pad HyperX Fury S Pro XL
    Headset/Speakers Genius Subwoofer 2.1 SW 375
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 x64

That aurasync works with Hyperx predator modules :enojado:

ROG Member Array

First things first, before thinking about adding features I like to politely share my thoughts about the current status of Asus Aura softwares. Here we go:

It seems the Aura software is a complete stack of things loosely glued together instead of cohesive background architeture. I am not envolve on any Asus softwares, but beign a tech guy and a developer I just noticed that the latest and greatest Aura versions, have the main core components and services with a bunch little separeted pieces to many aura devices, like keyboards, mouses, motherboards, vgas etc. It would be ok to have seperate modules, but the way that they work now are not simple profiles and addons and they stay on the machine even after a normal uninstall, which may introduce problems to new versions. And even beyond these aura devices, you have a separated components to the DRAM of Galaxy, Kingston, Corsair, Patriot, which does not sound at all the good way to do it, besides they all have their own uninstallers, and you even may not use them. You going to keep adding DRAM components if new companies produce compatible RGB Ram? For last you still have some third party software to complement the "Aura ecosystem" which also are not uninstalled by the regurlar uninstall. Look, I may be wrong since I don't really know how its made, but from the outside , comparing to another rgb software this does not look good.

Now to the features/fixes:
    • Now to the features/fixes:
    • Better name/explanation for synchronized and unsynchronized, due to the fact that when you present the "unsynchronized" you may think that that particular device/component will have a seperated rgb setting from others that are synchonized. But now, the unsynchronized does nothing beacause only serve to aura not control the lighting leaving to third party software. I think should be a separated option that you can mark something like "disable aura control for this device" instead of this nomenclature.
    • Add option to devices have different rgb settings instead of only color. Today if you want to your MB and VGA have breathing and your RGB STRIPS static color you can't.
    • More and better control for ADD STRIPS. Today those strips seems to be treated different from normal strips. I know that they require special attention beacause they are addressable but, for multiple times I saw they loosing the settings after a reboot, defaulting to rainbow mode until Windows start. Another thing its that the gradient option is kind limited, and since you can't have a individual effect to a specific component, you only will be able to use gradient to every one, which is not ideal.
    • Have auto update software or make Armoury Crate be the central software for asus rog features. Look, is 2019, why there's no good consolidaded app, or a auto update feature? Today the Armoury Crate only is truely useful for laptops.
    • Make it 100%¨compatible with Live Dash. This seems seems to be a joke, a bad joke, but is true, depending how you install things one or another won't work. It's astonishing why LiveDash install All aura components, except the actual app, if you look is also installed keyboard, mouse, vga, all those little pieces, for something that does not seems to belongs to the actual application. No wonders why causes conflict with Aura.
    • More effects and possible combinations.

I sincere hope for a better and stable Aura on the future.
    Last edited by cajudoido; 05-26-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18