Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

each header there own "profile" so that i can set 1 header to static and 1 header to let's say..... Rainbow

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Thanks for your suggestion.

We are already looking into having different effects for each single device. This will definitely be a good feature to have.

Quote Originally Posted by dray2na View Post
    Event based aura-modes would be nice. I'd love my whole setup to switch to "breathe" mode when my PC is not being used for a few minutes.

Some other examples:
    - Let components turn red as soon as they reach a critical temperature (without forcing you to use only the temperature mode)
    - Some kind of blinking on notifications
    - Startup / Shutdown animations
    - Switch to a certain mode or turn off when starting a fullscreen application

In my imagination this should be easy to implement for some of the events at least
    Those are nice idea.

For the first, need to use the smart mode.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

Hello there! I run a 3 color theme in my build. I would like to see an option to choose what colors get cycled through on the rgb connected devices. I don't want the entire rainbow. Can this be done? Thanks! Happy New Year to everyone!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array F0x135 PC Specs
    F0x135 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-F
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster ML240R aRGB
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyInWin C900 Platinum
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

Time of day profiles?

My case is a Meshify C, which has a very dark tinted glass and a perfect compliment to Aura. Rainbow is perfect during daytime, but at night even with the tinted glass, becomes too bright.

I switch Aura to a dark color and set to one of the always' modes so its less intrusive during nightime.

Is it possible to add on a time of day setting and attach an Aura profile to it? eg RAINBOW from 6am-6PM then STARRY NIGHT from 6PM-6AM?

ROG Member Array GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook pro i7 2.3 17"- Macbook pro retina 15 2015 i7 2.3
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TZR 8x16 cl14 3200
    Graphics Card #1Gigabite GTX 1060 &GB Rev2 Aorus Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Titan XP
    Graphics Card #3Titan XP
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSony Bravia 46
    Storage #1Corsair mp500 512
    Storage #2ForceGT 512 SSD + Samsung 850Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Apple keyboard
    Mouse Cheap Microsoft mouse
    Headset Powerbeats3 Wireless
    Mouse Pad My table
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU 1709
    Accessory #1 2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro + TR360 Liquid AIO
    Accessory #2 4 RGB Led Stripes + 3 Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 Integrated 7" side case Display monitor for temps

My two cent is

From the old AURA and the NEW the scene ( flash and dash ) have different behaviour

in old aura the RAM blink "alone for each bank"
    in the new RAM blink " 2 stick at time"

please implement

"Single or Twin blinking" features "AND" a simple SCENE ( CREATOR ) is MUCH MUCH appreciated...

after Editor implementation you can open a Contest for ( Rog AURA CONTEST ) and a new section on the forum for " Community AURA DOWNLOADABLE Scenes".. User Content Creations works really well nowadays.

i think is not to hard to implement and trust me , implement SCENE Creator as soon as possible ( BEFORE ) your competitors.

you can call it "Live AURA / AURA PRO / AURA Live".

nice ?.

the final touch is

Implement a "Firmware STORE FUNCTION" for selected SCENE... ( but please don't sell another new motherboard to implement!... i'm sure that you can create 5 slot 4KB each from the actual FW Nand.

when system boot up is not possible to see the scene effect before AURA OS services starts... and loading this aura profiles takes about 2 seconds. If you implement a FIrmware scene store the entire process starts WHEN the system starts.

My vote for dray2na... useful features expecially notifications blinking.

- Let components turn red as soon as they reach a critical temperature (without forcing you to use only the temperature mode)
    - Some kind of blinking on notifications
    - Startup / Shutdown animations
    - Switch to a certain mode or turn off when starting a fullscreen application

if you have an open sdk i can write some line of codes and you can implement it into AURA software ( but i'm too lazy to design even the UI page ).

bye.
    Last edited by GeekhomeGamer; 01-05-2018 at 04:10 AM.

ROG Member Array OutDevour PC Specs
    OutDevour PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 15"
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus Hero X
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700k ~OC 5GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridenZ 64G (4x16G), 3200Hz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1080 TI O11G
    MonitorUgee UG-325 32" 144Hz Curved (Samsung Display)
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD 512GB
    Storage #2HDD 7200 rpm 2TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT X62 Kraken
    CaseNZXT H700i White Matte
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750 80+ PLATINUM
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
    Mouse Asus ROG Pugio RGB
    Headset soon... (ROG Delta)
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Logo Wide Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Harman Kardon Aura Studio 2
    OS Windows 10 64x
    Accessory #1 NZXT AER RGB 140 Triple
    Accessory #2 NZXT AER RGB 120 Triple
    Accessory #3 NZXT Internal USB Hub (MB)

Exclamation Too Many Software

Well I understand that different people and teams are working on different products, drivers and software.
    But running such amount of devices in market have its own problems and would be great to solve them, not only keep running new models with no care about users and your loyal clients.
    What are those Light Control for GPU, Aura, GPU tweak smthn, armoury, and bunch of other software for sound, and specific types of products. I was really charmed by all this sync perfect lightning stuff and bought well everything possible for my setup from ROG set:

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
    Asus ROG Strix 1080 TI O11G
    Asus ROG Claymore RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
    Asus ROG Pugio RGB

and yet I have to download bunch of software and drivers which doesnt work well with each other and more, doesnt work well themselves.
    Aura doesnt see GPU lighting unless GPU lighting app is installed. And after installing its possible to control GPU from Aura. So why cant you just put it inside? Im sure its possible, if hardware model is problem, there are many ways to solve it. Just download required drivers online INSIDE AURA if there are too many of them.
    Next, Armoury. Thats wonderful, to simply change some features in my mouse or keyboard i open Armoury, it gives me error - one or more devices are synced, I have to close it, open aura, turn off my 2HOURS_CONFIGURED_LIGHT_SETUP (Exclude periferals), then open armoury again, do the changes, then go back open AURA and set up my lighting service again. Like WUUUT? Hello im gamer btw using gamers hardware of yours, I have to be able to do that during short Alt+Tab. I dont have time for 322 operations and restarts.
    And very often after Applying light changes it just stuck, with infinite loading, some troubles accessing hardware i guess, then i force close them, uninstall-restart-install gpu lightning and again start aura.
    And lightning keeps being lagged and turn-off (pc) mode keep doing whatever it want after 1 successful run. (after reconfugure to totally turn off rgb, it works, but second turn off makes Motherboard only light again)
    I was strongly considering buying headset even though there is no good one yet (design is not match nor ROG nor Strix, shape and RGB really poor, but whatever) but i thought it will bring another separate app and bunch of drivers over each other and buggy rgb sync and desided to go for another model. Its really sad cause its gonna be only non-rog peripheral out there.

Why cant you just do as perfectionist, bring EVERYTHING in 1 software. All detection, drivers downloading, installing and auto-upgrading, all lighting, ONLY SINGLE SOFTWARE is more than required. I really expected that when was going for ROG, its what everyone expects, yet I dont regret and would go again as I really like hardware i got even though expensive, but premium price needs some premium solution to be provided. Single Software Studio for everything is when I and most users for sure can say - I love ROG products.
    After all, mostly people, who spent much money on their PC care about them, how clean they are. And bunch of terrible software doesnt help it.

PS: yes Im writing it with latest bios, firmware and software. i end up deleting all those bunch of software with annoying and creepy design and space in tray several times (i know and I do hide them from tray and auto start) but still really annoying cause i need them and have to install again

Please ROG, make single software, simple, ergonomic and no buggy. Its not difficult, but if you make one strong fundamental app with good architecture, you can add more features to it whatever new model of hardware you make. And damn everyone will love it, im sure im not the first and last asking for it, every review of devices in every possible internet resource have similar user-confusion comments.
    And I know its possible, Im developer myself, I run Kernel level Drivers along with software and hardware, and very informed about field. Just make your developers and designers and software architecors or whatever - work on same wave. Thank you, everyone waits
    Last edited by OutDevour; 01-08-2018 at 04:36 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3
    MonitorDell s2718dg A04
    Storage #1Crucial MX100 128GB
    Storage #2WD Black 500GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT S340 Elite
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 650
    Keyboard CoolerMaster Masterkeys L White
    Mouse Tracer Pert TRM-503
    Headset HyperX Cloud I
    OS Windows 10 Pro

A mode where LED change colour depending on what colour dominates your main monitor screen.

The challenging one would be real time change to anything that happens on screen. You watch movie/play game and character enters dark cave? Lights go off as screen is mostly black/dark. There is bright day on your screen video/game? Majority of screen is bright yellow/orange so your LEDs follow.

The easy mode would be only and only based on your current desktop which is 100% possible. Even windows has a feature like this (to detect main colour on the desktop wallpaper) that can change accent colour of elements depending whats on wallpaper. All needed to do is to "teach" Aura to recognise it to and then drive LEDs accordingly.
    Dargus Maximus
    ~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
    My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

New ROGer Array

i have a great idea.

instead of focusing on new features Make-Your-Software-Work for everyone.

the internet is flodded with problems and solutions about this software.i have the privilige of having an issiue not solved by any solution.

New ROGer Array

It would be great if you can adjust the colors yourself when setting smart

New ROGer Array

Workflow

The work flow is backwards for color picking or needs adjustment. Say i want to apply different colors to different addresses (RGB Memory for example), but some of the same colors. I have to go to each rgb item and adjust the colors it would be nice to be able to select a set of addresses to apply the colors to instead of going to each one and applying the same settings multiple times. If i want everything one color that is fine, but I don't always want one color.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast