Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by AliasOfMyself View Post
    Something simple.. the ability to choose a colour for the music mode? e.g a single colour, or your own sequence of colours?

As for people requesting having an all in one piece of software with all of the asus software in a module style format.. please don't do that.. i moved from a gigabyte ax370 gaming k7 to this board, the gigabyte implemented their software solutions in this way, and it made every single component buggy as hell. It'd be more of a pain in the backside than i'm sure you guys realise lol..
    You realise ai suite is exactly this don't you?

As for grouping/merging Armoury and Aura it is absolutely relevant as both softwares can't run alongside if some peripherals are synced through Aura.
    If you own an asus mouse or keyboard you would understand the pain it is to either choose nice rgb syncing or the features embeded in the peripherals.

ROG Member Array AliasOfMyself PC Specs
    AliasOfMyself PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair IV Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Graphics Card #1Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition

Quote Originally Posted by namoi View Post
    You realise ai suite is exactly this don't you?

As for grouping/merging Armoury and Aura it is absolutely relevant as both softwares can't run alongside if some peripherals are synced through Aura.
    If you own an asus mouse or keyboard you would understand the pain it is to either choose nice rgb syncing or the features embeded in the peripherals.
    I personally don't use AI suite, it conflicts with corsair link and makes the sensors on my C6H misbehave in a seriously bad way, i'm talking pump dropped to zero rpm and fans connected to it stuck at whatever their last reported speed was, i had to reset my bios just to get my sensors to work normally again, plus AI suite isn't exactly every single bit of Asus software intergrated into one piece of software, is it?

I don't own any Asus peripherals, but surely it's a better idea to just implement the aura effects in the software for those devices , and leave aura as a standalone to avoid issues? Trust me, if you knew just how bad the stuff is on the Gigabyte side of things, you'd see exactly where i'm coming from, their system monitoring/fan control software rarely even runs, and when it does it's sluggish and crashes often, their rgb software is just.. how can i put this lol.. absolute trash i guess? google around about their all in one solution called app centre, and google around for issues with rgb fusion, and system information viewer, and you'll notice a trend.

Not trying to seem like i'm hating on the idea, i just don't see how it could be done right, especially after the issues i experienced in the Gigabyte camp, it was half the reason i switched in the first place.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Well, aura is already kind of implemented inside Armoury (striped version) . You can even sync keyb, mouse...within armoury. But that's all.

In a way gpu tweaks also have a striped version of aura.

But if you want to sync ALL of them you need Aura. But Aura and Armoury can't be used together, so your fancy expensive full of feature keyboard just behave as a 10 bucks keyboard (but with fancy rgb) as its advanced features are only available if Armoury runs.

ROG Member Array seirafrncsc PC Specs
    seirafrncsc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus X555LN, Asus X550LB, Asus ROG GL 553VD FY019T
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX X99 Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6800K 3.40 GHz 6-Core 15M Broadwell-E Processor
    Memory (part number)2X8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC
    Monitor2x Asus VP228NE 21.5" LED 1920×1080 1ms Monitor
    Storage #1Zotac 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD Firecuda
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB WD10EZEX
    CPU CoolerID Cooling Auraflow 120
    CaseINWIN 303 ROG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply
    Keyboard Asus ROG GK2000 HORUS RGB
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
    Headset Razer Man O' War Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath, Asus GM50 XL
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 6x IDCOOLING SP12025 RGB
    Accessory #2 Razer Base Station Chroma

Please make Asus ROG GK2000 Horus RGB Sync with Aura Sync as soon as possible. I'm planning to buy a Aura sync monitor, and buying a flare would be a bit not cool for me since GK2000 Horus is my dream mech keyboard. Only the Aura Sync feature is the thing it doesn't have.

ROG Member Array AliasOfMyself PC Specs
    AliasOfMyself PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair IV Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Graphics Card #1Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition

Quote Originally Posted by namoi View Post
    Well, aura is already kind of implemented inside Armoury (striped version) . You can even sync keyb, mouse...within armoury. But that's all.

In a way gpu tweaks also have a striped version of aura.

But if you want to sync ALL of them you need Aura. But Aura and Armoury can't be used together, so your fancy expensive full of feature keyboard just behave as a 10 bucks keyboard (but with fancy rgb) as its advanced features are only available if Armoury runs.
    That sounds like something they seriously need to fix to me!

I just don't want to see this software go the same way Gigabyte's did, it's the worst it really is!

ROG Junior Member Array johnthejinx PC Specs
    johnthejinx PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime Pro X370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 - 1700
    Memory (part number)T-Force Delta RGB 2666 - 16gb
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Pro WX 5100
    Graphics Card #2Radeon Pro WX 5100
    OS Windows 10 Pro

i was complaining that it wasn't possible to control DRAM lighting individually, but i see now that it is possible & its awesome !.. it's even possible to control each led diode, thats is pretty sick ! .. good work ASUS :^)

ROG Member Array

ideas

hi,
    i just signed up, because im very interessted in more effects.
    im very new to this i just got my first rgb led board a z370i so far i love it...
    i already have experience with rgb led on arduino so i think there is a lot more potential in it then what we are seeing right now!

i have a few ideas maybe somebody already did this in the sdk but i dont know..

- pulsing effect: add an option to configure the pulsing, so we can adjust the brightness..
    for example when i use pulsing. i want it to pulse from high brighness to low brightness... not complete off

- also a normal chase effect without blinking would be great

-controll for single leds on the led strip

here are some bugs i noticed
    -when my pc goes to sleep and starts again the motherboard LED dont light up again (basically they turn off because i have them enabled in sleep)... i have to click on off in aura first to recognize them again...

im not sure if i can ask this here also but i managed to get my corsair ll140 fan controlled with aura... BUT i connected it through the led strap out on the motherboard,so it gets shown as a led strip...
    is there any other way to get the corsair LL fans running in aura as a FAN?
    also is there a way to get more then one strip shown on the top?

also anybody know when the TERMINAL led controller is availible for sale?

New ROGer Array

A few suggestions

I recently built my first computer with RGB powered by Asus Aura. I also have a Corsair RGB keyboard, so I have an opportunity to compare the lighting ecosystems and give feedback.

Effect Parameter Controls
    I understand you can change the colors and there is a speed slider for some effects, but in CUE, you can give specific numbers for the parameters like the total duration and the speed and size of a wave to completely change the look.
    Gradients
    In the CUE software, there is a gradient editor sort of like in photoshop, except it is also a graph of color over time. So you have total control over the sequence of colors and the speed of the progression. Some of the Aura lighting effects definitely lend themselves to a manual gradient control option.

Separate Device Control
    I love that I can sync my G.Skill RGB RAM to my motherboard, but I think it would be cool to have the RAM showing a different effect than my MB.
    Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some reason I assumed I would be able to control #1 and #2 separately.

Effect Modularity and Layers

I love how CUE effects are broken into modules so they are really easy to work with. Themes are made up of multiple effect layers. Effects also have transparency and can overlap for interesting results. There is a "lighting library" so you can store and reuse or modify previously created effects. You can create variations and change between themes easily. You can also export themes to a file so they are easily shared with others.
    In Aura, you have to commit to one effect across the system and there is no distinction between themes and effects.
    Could Aura split themes and effects, and have effects be layer-able?

UI Scaling
    It is frustrating that the window only takes up a tiny bit of my screen and the text is not scaled up with the rest of Windows. I would love to be able to increase the window size, even if it creates a lot of blank space, or a have a UI text size option, or allow window resize and just stretch to fill window. I don't know what is easiest with dev env of Aura, but it is just too tiny as is.

Visual Interactive Interface
    One of the things I really like about the CUE software is the interface is very visual and intuitive. There is a generated image of my keyboard on my screen that looks just like my real keyboard and I can interact with it by drag-selecting keys for different lighting effects.
    I would love to see some changes like this in the Aura software. It would be so cool to have like an outline of a computer case with components you could choose maybe RGB fans plugged into lighting headers, or a CPU cooler with lights, or led strips around the sides of the case. Then you could select the visual components to change their lights as they appear irl.
    An alternative closer to the current dropdown is to display all the individual lights available in a scrollable table like a 2D array so there is 1 device per row, and then addressable indices in the columns. Maybe the user could change order of devices by dragging rows. Maybe select multiple single leds by holding ctrl to apply the same effect over them.

I really hope this helps!

ROG Enthusiast Array

[QUOTE=icy3141;710430]

Separate Device Control
    I love that I can sync my G.Skill RGB RAM to my motherboard, but I think it would be cool to have the RAM showing a different effect than my MB.
    Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some
    /QUOTE]

MSI are leagues ahead with mystic light, full control of ram lighting Independend of the mobo lighting. Where is the aura mobile app? msi are way ahead.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Ghozer PC Specs
    Ghozer PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime Z270-A
    Processori7-7700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070
    Monitor2x HP 23xi
    Storage #12TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD
    CPU CoolerARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition (Black/White)
    CasePhanteks P400S
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750X
    Keyboard Logitech G510 (Soon to be Asus Claymore)
    Mouse Asus Gladius II
    Headset Logitech Wireless
    Mouse Pad Random Alienware
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire GD580
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterISP Standard (200mbps connection)

[QUOTE=raven77uk;711381]
    Quote Originally Posted by icy3141 View Post

Separate Device Control
    Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some
    /QUOTE]

MSI are leagues ahead with mystic light, full control of ram lighting Independend of the mobo lighting. Where is the aura mobile app? msi are way ahead.
    Yeah, i'm honestly considering scrapping my Asus stuff and going for MSI or something... the way Asus has done the whole RGB setup is terrible...

they need to rip the RGB sync out of all the individual apps (Aura GPU, Armory, and Aura normal etc) and just combine them all into one, so you can either have them all synced and doing things together....

have each 'device' as a seperate TAB, select tab, select settings for device (effect, speed, colour etc, on a PER DEVICE/ZONE basis)

if you tick 'sync all' - you should still be able to specify certain paramaters, such as 'wave' effect, you should be able to specify set colours for each device / zone, or a specific colour order..

It would be nice to have AIO on 'tempreature' and case fans on STATIC, and RAM doing colour cycle, or my own 'custom' colour order for rainbow/cycle etc.

Also, maybe mix effects? have a static RED, but bright blue 'comets' so... so you have static red now, but now and then you get a random light blue flash through the system, or something like that... there's SO Many more effects and things you could do with it....

if I had the knowledge of programming i'd write my own using the API, but last time I did any sort of coding was back in 2002

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast