cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub 10 second boot...

Jimlad
Level 7
Anyone managed this, apparently it is possible with this method. i am debating a reinstall, because i am odd and want a super fast boot 🙂

"go into the uefi, make sure csm is set to disabled
then secure boot to uefi.
To fresh install on win 10 i had to disable csm and turn secure boot to other os then after the installation, before windows configures, go back into the bios and changed secure boot to windows uefi,

then i downloaded samsungs nvme driver.

My boot time is 8.83 seconds and i have video to show. from when i hit the power button to booted into windows. before i changed the secure boot to uefi i would get 2 splash screens so it literally took more than double the time"

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/546394-m2-slow-boot-times/
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Satin Black
Asus ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
Intel I7 6700K Skylake @ 4.5
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e NVMe SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB
Corsair RMi Series RM850i ATX Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H110i
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
If you're looking to break the world record for quickest boot, some users disable memory training which helps a lot. Personally, I don't recommend it.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
Memory training doesn't seem to matter once it's locked in right? I've had it off for a long time now and no issues.

qUAanA
Level 10
So you managed to shave 2 seconds of boot time? All this work for 2seconds gain?*

You can set your NIC from "auto negotiation" to "100mbit" or "1000mbit" to gain instant internet after boot.
Sometimes its better to put the mouse and keyboard in the usb-meant-for-that. Its different from mainboard to mainboard. You should try to use usb 2.0 from intel.

There are uefi notebooks with boottimes about ~5s

Jimlad
Level 7
yeah but has anyone tried the first link in my op ?
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Satin Black
Asus ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
Intel I7 6700K Skylake @ 4.5
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e NVMe SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB
Corsair RMi Series RM850i ATX Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H110i