cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E10 Discontinued?

EaglePC
Level 10
ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 Discontinued sounds like a joke I think it is or it just ASUS never updated drivers
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64
11 REPLIES 11

xeromist
Still available on Amazon and Newegg. BIOS updated June. QVL was updated in July. Drivers (audio) last updated in August. Are you referring to some specific information you read somewhere or just spreading misinformation?

EDIT: Added BIOS date and changed June to August for drivers per Qoto's correction.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Brotha you and me in the same boat. RS3 IS RIGHT arround the corner and with it a new wddm I hear ready to go. Among overhaul of infs.

Because likely your aware installing the asus provided chipset and Mei etc are more than a year old. Like 3 major windows 18 builds old. So you get this long list if what looks like drivers to be installed. But when you right click on it. "no drivers currently installed" well juuuuust dandy.. The asus offerd version is I believe 10.1.19 something like that. And the one from the Intel site if you do it wrong.... You're royally **** the infs up. Spend hours in system conflicts and go OK, bus your on oem9, but also on 13... Not wellsburg.

Using OEM drivers even in a - overall or - ignoredowngrade unless installed at the point of windows. It's a rabbit hole. The ONLY WAY I KNOW FOR SURE to have all the devices registered and "device working normally" is install win 10 1503. Yeah super old. No eth in. Do the USB drive. Driver installer. Reboot. Bam.... Update windows all the way up to 1703 or if Rs3 will Contain wellsburg infs that actually don't flag errors on pcie root buss. Where the gpus are trying to talk through. We may be in luck.

Spent a week. Dealing with that crap. After a reinstall also my surprise 1703 + old asus drivers. You'll never win.

This msg is for the mod. June!!? Are you in a different timeline. Because there's nothing newer system wise for an OS then 2016 of June for properly provisioning and registering devices. It's 2 mouths out from 2018. Intel has made about 11 revisions to the simular package. Since your release

. And what seems as I back OP up. Abandonment... and left to figure it out. For the lucky ones that have. Great. But it's just kinda messed up how you pulled away so quickly to focus on bandaids for x299 and sell us a 600 dollar revision of am existing board.

Edit. Mod, if you are referring to the bios being updated to 1703 almost 4 months ago.. That's great. That doesn't do anything allow seamless deployment of current builds of operating systems. Oh, you updated the rgb program. Faaaan tastic. I have lights but unless I do your job for you. I don't have working pcie root controllers, complex hubs or many other main bus systems. OP is completely right. If they didn't abandon it they, marooned it and pray windows update will do the work so they don't have to. #rantover

Qoto159 wrote:
This msg is for the mod. June!!? Are you in a different timeline. Because there's nothing newer system wise for an OS then 2016 of June for properly provisioning and registering devices. It's 2 mouths out from 2018. Intel has made about 11 revisions to the simular package. Since your release

. And what seems as I back OP up. Abandonment... and left to figure it out. For the lucky ones that have. Great. But it's just kinda messed up how you pulled away so quickly to focus on bandaids for x299 and sell us a 600 dollar revision of am existing board.

Edit. Mod, if you are referring to the bios being updated to 1703 almost 4 months ago.. That's great. That doesn't do anything allow seamless deployment of current builds of operating systems. Oh, you updated the rgb program. Faaaan tastic. I have lights but unless I do your job for you. I don't have working pcie root controllers, complex hubs or many other main bus systems. OP is completely right. If they didn't abandon it they, marooned it and pray windows update will do the work so they don't have to. #rantover

Yes, correct. BIOS update was in June. My mistake, the last driver update was in August, not June. OP's assertion was that the board is discontinued. Clearly not since it is still being sold and a driver was updated just a couple of months ago. I understand he's frustrated that things aren't working but a driver snafu doesn't mean discontinued. Note that originally his title just flat stated that the product was discontinued, which is untrue. I added the question mark after the fact.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:

Yes, correct. BIOS update was in June. My mistake, the last driver update was in August, not June. OP's assertion was that the board is discontinued. Clearly not since it is still being sold and a driver was updated just a couple of months ago. I understand he's frustrated that things aren't working but a driver snafu doesn't mean discontinued. Note that originally his title just flat stated that the product was discontinued, which is untrue. I added the question mark after the fact.

Guys...I am sorry about my tone, I had few extra drinks that night and was raged out at certain things not working correctly. Very easily could be on my end and right in front of my face. I am sure you have sold far more RE10's than there are people here *****ing about them. Unfortunate maybe mine is defective in some manor. My skills are not seeing,
Kroth valid point per usual. Asus, (xeromist) clarity from either a sticky post or some type of URL link explaining or advising OEM vs current drivers and who should install what, why and how. I noticed the m.2 post. But it does not include the R510 I think could really solve alot of confusion. Or maybe im the only one confused haha. If thats true, Ill be the town crazy guy and continue onward.

Thanks for owning that clarification asus. And you are correct about needing to state the manufacturing status of the mobo.

Matt

Qoto159 wrote:
Asus, (xeromist) clarity from either a sticky post or some type of URL link explaining or advising OEM vs current drivers and who should install what, why and how. I noticed the m.2 post. But it does not include the R510 I think could really solve alot of confusion.

Just to clarify, I am a volunteer moderator. I don't work for ASUS and they don't give me any insider information. I'm just stating the obvious based on public information. I'm not bothered by your response or whether it involved drinks. 😄 You were right that I got the date wrong. I appreciate the correction because it would be very hypocritical of me to correct someone else and then be offended when I'm corrected. I'm always open to (constructive) criticism.

For what it's worth I agree that it would be useful to know when a product is no longer supported but my guess is that even ASUS doesn't know for sure. I've not seen a hard end date on software support, just hardware support/warranty. Some products are stable in less than a year and don't need further updates and others need updates for many years. Some of AMD's platforms have lasted a long time before a refresh.

Qoto159 wrote:
Brotha you and me in the same boat. RS3 IS RIGHT arround the corner and with it a new wddm I hear ready to go. Among overhaul of infs.

Because likely your aware installing the asus provided chipset and Mei etc are more than a year old. Like 3 major windows 18 builds old. So you get this long list if what looks like drivers to be installed. But when you right click on it. "no drivers currently installed" well juuuuust dandy.. The asus offerd version is I believe 10.1.19 something like that. And the one from the Intel site if you do it wrong.... You're royally **** the infs up. Spend hours in system conflicts and go OK, bus your on oem9, but also on 13... Not wellsburg.

Using OEM drivers even in a - overall or - ignoredowngrade unless installed at the point of windows. It's a rabbit hole. The ONLY WAY I KNOW FOR SURE to have all the devices registered and "device working normally" is install win 10 1503. Yeah super old. No eth in. Do the USB drive. Driver installer. Reboot. Bam.... Update windows all the way up to 1703 or if Rs3 will Contain wellsburg infs that actually don't flag errors on pcie root buss. Where the gpus are trying to talk through. We may be in luck.

Spent a week. Dealing with that crap. After a reinstall also my surprise 1703 + old asus drivers. You'll never win.

Chipset and MEI drivers can be downloaded directly from the Intel site and they work fine. 🙂

Korth
Level 14
R5E10 is still listed on ASUS product pages and still stocked by vendors.
X99 and Broadwell-E(P) are still "active" and supported by Intel.

The board receives BIOS and driver updates when needed. Why should ASUS put out a new BIOS every month when nothing has changed and nothing has broken?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

EaglePC
Level 10
Win 10 1709 Rs3 just released what a joke asus all there drivers will not install do to signature hiccup
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64