cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winodws FCU will be posted at 12:00 Pacific Time SOLVED

Clintlgm
Level 14
Media creation tool should have the FCU at 12:00 Pacific time, The very best way to Install the Version changing update is to use MCT to create a USB Install media, Insure you have all your hardware drivers on the same USB or some where besided your C:\ Drive/SSD that means to back up your eSupport folder also. You can download all your hardware drivers from Asus Support Downloads

Now create an Image of your c:\ entire hard drive/SSD Use Macrium Reflect free or what ever imaging/Backup software you think is best. Create the full image of your OS Drive/SSD, Create the recovery media. Boot the recovery media if it boot into Macrium Reflect Window PE and you can see the external drive with your Back up/ Drive Image your golden.

To boot recovery media shut down completely. Press the on button and start spamming the Esc Key, this will bring up a boot menu select UEFI USB thumb drive what ever your is?

While in windows start an upgrade install from the USB Thumb drive MCT created for you, be sure to select to keep your files and software, let the upgrade install complete it will reboot at least once maybe more.

To start upgrade install, in window explorer get to your USB Thumb drive open and find the setup.exe right click and select admin mode.

Once the install completes go to Device manager and check you hardware drivers, the upgrade will have installed the native windows hardware drivers, your have to manually install the Asus Approved drivers or what ever version of drivers you know were working well for you before the update. This will solve 99% of hardware issues Track pad sound Graphics etc, You may have to reinstall the ATK package if your FN key stuff or background lights aren't working correcty.

With hardware drivers updated to good ones, check your software, MS Office will do a quick update install, several other programs will do the same thing.
You may find some software programs that don't want to work correctly. If you have this issue simple uninstall that program reboot and reinstall it. This will solve 99% of software issues

Any issue this is not solving post back her so everyone else can be aware, and someone will have figured out the work around.

So we will all see how we enjoy Windows 10 Ver 1709

Be sure to check you power profile settings the upgrade will change them
be sure to turn off driver updates in WU
Turn off Hybrid shut down if you have an SSD you need it for anything and just causes issues
Turn off fast boot in windows same as above reason you don't need it for anything and causes issues
Turn off Sleep same issue as above with 15 second boot ups there is no reason to not shut down your notebook if you leaving for awhile. Waking up can have issues on the highly tweaked notebooks.

Turn off Sleep same as above

Otherwise take your chances and let the update run through WU and come back here looking for why your notebooks isn't working correctly!!! after a windows Update

I solved this for my G752VY by Clean Installing. I changed from RAID to AHCI. During the clean Install from USB created by MCT. I hit Shift +F10 bringing up a Command Prompt. Where I used Disk part to Clean All and then Convert GPT.
I clicked back into the install there my SSD was and I allowed the Windows Install to create partition and completed the Windows 10 Pro FCU upgrade.
I didn't like the way the Windows Native NVME driver so install the Samsung NVME 2.2 driver. I'm pretty much back where I was without a bunch of crap that I had tried over the last 10 months I've had this notebook. So I try to mark this Solved and if anyone has any questions lets start new threads for specific issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro
12 REPLIES 12

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well good thing I made that Image, I have had to restore it twice, I have attempted this upgrade to 1709 twice now, with not joy. The upgrade runs and reboots then updates. then I get to my Local Account log in and put in my password it starts to open my desktop then flashes back to log in screen. this has happen twice now.
I tried letting it set for couple of hours in case some update or something was still running in the back ground didn't help. So it looks like I have driver that is not working for some reason. Let me know if anyone else has the same experience or a different one of success.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

haihane
Level 13
my laptop is updating itself (thanks windows 10 home), will soon have an answer.
will keep you updated.

but for now, i just noticed earlier that my desktop dodged a bullet because windows 10 pro was installed (windows update -> advanced options -> set it to "current branch for business) to dodge the immediate update.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Yes the iso is for both Pro and Home not sure of any other versions
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Yes I'm going to try the WU method and see it that makes any difference, I just unchecked pause updates
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

dragonhi
Level 7
How could ı turn off WU driver updates to prevent it installing the latest updates ?

CASPER_VIA_M1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

dragonhi wrote:
How could ı turn off WU driver updates to prevent it installing the latest updates ?

for home edition, i'm afraid there's no way to dodge the bullet (or that i don't know how to disable it yet).
on win10 pro version, the method is just as said above: WU -> advanced options -> current branch for business.

heck, i think you can even pause updates on w in10 pro.

and oyes. the FCU update on laptop completed. things look fine. except tiny quirks on intel wireless driver.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
for home edition, i'm afraid there's no way to dodge the bullet (or that i don't know how to disable it yet).
on win10 pro version, the method is just as said above: WU -> advanced options -> current branch for business.

heck, i think you can even pause updates on w in10 pro.

and oyes. the FCU update on laptop completed. things look fine. except tiny quirks on intel wireless driver.

Hmm must be just an issue with my notebook configuration. I uninstalled Classic Shell and 8 gadget pack.

Set the lock screen back to default ran the upgrade again and got farther tow or three installing updates then the screen in Edge came up showing the newest stuff buy immediately the lock screen came up clicked it and Password came up, put in password, flips to desk top and right back to stop screen then password.

I did find that the upgrade is installed I can access the files on the notebook through my P2P network, just can't seem to stop this nonsense with the Login in screen. I guess my next step will be to Clean install the Fall Update.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Here are some different ways to prevent WU
Winodws Update Hide/Show can also be helpful especially with drivers
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

dragonhi
Level 7
So I think the drivers of asus should be complied with the compenents necessary to work out in windows single home edition.

As far as ı am able to experience on my device everything workable and works nice except "asus number pad" update.

Thank for the help that is much appreciated.