cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update AURA

toxzl2
Level 7
I recently updated to 16299.15 Fall Creators Update and I can't install properly Asus Aura, it says AsIO not found. It installs the software but GSKILL and Motherboard led options are not there. Only my Asus Strix 1080ti.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks!
27 REPLIES 27

Mandangalo18
Level 9
I have the same problem.

CPU: i7 7700k | GPU: Titan X (p) | PSU: Seasonic 1000W Platinum | MB: ASUS Maximus IX Extreme | SSD: Samsung 960 evo | HDD: WD Caviar 160GB | RAM: Gskill 32GB 3200mhz | OS: Win 10 64bit Home

Facing the same problem myself.*

Same problem here but not just on Crosshair mobtherboard.

Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit Pro 1709 Fall Creators Update and Aura broken - "Can't read AsIO.sys (2)". After going through with installation Aura wont detect 3 RGB zones on my motherboard (Maximus X Hero) and my G.Skill ram.
Rolling back to 1703 and everything works flawlessly with absolutely 0 drivers installed (with just Aura).

I guess someone at Asus R&D forgot to update to newest windows to see if everything works.
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

Emmily
Level 7
I have no problem.

Emmily wrote:
I have no problem.

Did you check that you actually have Fall Creators Update in your Settings -> System > About ?
The issue is only and only about Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 (1709), not regular Creators Update (1703).
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

KeksimusMaximus wrote:
Did you check that you actually have Fall Creators Update in your Settings -> System > About ?
The issue is only and only about Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 (1709), not regular Creators Update (1703).

yes, definitely 1709 (OS build 16299.19) clean install the windows then simple download Aura via ASUS https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ that's all.

I Have exactly same problem with fresh install of Fall Creators update... AsIO.sys ...
+ Cant install AiSuite too

I got the Windows 10 Fallen Creatures Update 🙂 a couple of days ago and everything works properly. I still have full control over my illumination...

Ramalama wrote:
I Have exactly same problem with fresh install of Fall Creators update... AsIO.sys ...
+ Cant install AiSuite too

For me the installation of AURA started working after I installed GPU Tweak II. You could give it a shot. Install Tweak, try installing AURA and then remove Tweak if ou don't need it.